WeTek Community Forum

LibreELEC 7.1.0 / Kodi 16.1 for the Play2 by wrxtasy

Comments

• zbigzbig20zbigzbig20 Posts: 942WeTek Community Member
    @wrxtasy , in your latest build I have strange problem with sound (spdif / pcm) sometimes I hear short crackling . On @codesnake build or your first build with spdif fix there is no this problem
  • jordimrajordimra Posts: 6WeTek Community Member
    edited November 2016
    jordimra said:

Audio AC3 5.1 works flawless with passthrough, but AAC 5.1 is still muted the center channel. Maybe I misconfigured something?

I answer myself...

Audio [SOLVED]. With this settings I can hear all channels (in 5.1 with my AVR) playing AAC, FLAC, DTS, AC3:
    - Device ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO, HDMI
    - Channels: 2.0
    - Exit: Optimized
    - Stereo mix: Disabled
    - Passthrough: Enabled
    - AC3: enabled
    - Transcoding AC3: Enabled
    - DTS: enabled
    jordimra said:

Oh, and I detected another issue, now with the remote control: channel up/down buttons are not working, even with Keymap addon. Seems the receiver doesn't detect the code.

I can't fix that so, I tried to use a MCE Remote via its own USB remote, but it doesn't work until I added these files into /storage/.config:
    • mceusb
    # table rc-empty, type: RC6
    0x800f0400 KEY_NUMERIC_0
    0x800f0401 KEY_NUMERIC_1
    0x800f0402 KEY_NUMERIC_2
    0x800f0403 KEY_NUMERIC_3
    0x800f0404 KEY_NUMERIC_4
    0x800f0405 KEY_NUMERIC_5
    0x800f0406 KEY_NUMERIC_6
    0x800f0407 KEY_NUMERIC_7
    0x800f0408 KEY_NUMERIC_8
    0x800f0409 KEY_NUMERIC_9
    0x800f040a KEY_DELETE
    0x800f040b KEY_ENTER
    0x800f040c KEY_SLEEP
    0x800f040d KEY_MEDIA
    0x800f040e KEY_MUTE
    0x800f040f KEY_INFO
    0x800f0410 KEY_VOLUMEUP
    0x800f0411 KEY_VOLUMEDOWN
    0x800f0412 KEY_CHANNELUP
    0x800f0413 KEY_CHANNELDOWN
    0x800f0414 KEY_FASTFORWARD
    0x800f0415 KEY_REWIND
    0x800f0416 KEY_PLAY
    0x800f0417 KEY_RECORD
    0x800f0418 KEY_PAUSE
    0x800f0419 KEY_STOP
    0x800f041a KEY_NEXT
    0x800f041b KEY_PREVIOUS
    0x800f041c KEY_NUMERIC_POUND
    0x800f041d KEY_NUMERIC_STAR
    0x800f041e KEY_UP
    0x800f041f KEY_DOWN
    0x800f0420 KEY_LEFT
    0x800f0421 KEY_RIGHT
    0x800f0422 KEY_OK
    0x800f0423 KEY_EXIT
    0x800f0424 KEY_DVD
    0x800f0425 KEY_TUNER
    0x800f0426 KEY_EPG
    0x800f0427 KEY_ZOOM
    0x800f0432 KEY_MODE
    0x800f0433 KEY_PRESENTATION
    0x800f0434 KEY_EJECTCD
    0x800f043a KEY_BRIGHTNESSUP
    0x800f0446 KEY_TV
    0x800f0447 KEY_AUDIO
    0x800f0448 KEY_PVR
    0x800f0449 KEY_CAMERA
    0x800f044a KEY_VIDEO
    0x800f044c KEY_LANGUAGE
    0x800f044d KEY_TITLE
    0x800f044e KEY_PRINT
    0x800f0450 KEY_RADIO
    0x800f045a KEY_SUBTITLE
    0x800f045b KEY_RED
    0x800f045c KEY_GREEN
    0x800f045d KEY_YELLOW
    0x800f045e KEY_BLUE
    0x800f0465 KEY_POWER2
    0x800f046e KEY_PLAYPAUSE
    0x800f046f KEY_PLAYER
    0x800f0480 KEY_BRIGHTNESSDOWN
    0x800f0481 KEY_PLAYPAUSE
    • autostart.sh
    ir-keytable -c -p NEC,RC-5,RC-6,JVC,SONY,LIRC,OTHER -w /storage/.config/mceusb
  • anteante Posts: 27WeTek Community Member
    Is this work (LibreELEC-WeTek_Play2.aarch64-7.1.0.DVB.img.gz) with TVH 4.2 .With 4.0 to dvbs freeze wetek play. On TVH 4.2 no CaS to add Censure
  • lglz1337lglz1337 Posts: 438WeTek Community Member
    @ante

u need to put tvheadend in expert mode for cas.
  • anteante Posts: 27WeTek Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks.How maximum sd card can be used for libreelec
  • tcjtcj Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    keKs said:

@wrxtasy its not the remote server. my whole network is fine. its my device. the ethernet interface dies somehow. sometime after an hour and sometime after 5min. when i try to ping the play2 there is no answer. when i turn ethernet off and then back on in the settings its all fine again but after sometime it dies again. i switched to wifi and it works but i actually do not like so many wifi devices in my home network :)

btw. remote wakeup is on ;)

I've noticed the same issue. Doesn't seem to happen on Android, and my other Play2 is fine (on WiFi). Now switched this on to WiFi and it's fine. I'll play around and try to get logs, but as above it would rop fairly regularly requiring a reboot to fix.
  • gopalgopal Posts: 43WeTek Community Member
    edited December 2016
    hey I am codesnakes latest with v17 kodi

LibreELEC-WeTek_Play_2.aarch64-8.0-devel-20161130032716-r24754-g4ef86b9.img.gz

I would like to migrate to this but the .tar update

LibreELEC-WeTek_Play2.aarch64-7.1.0.RGB.Audio.update2.tar

but it stops on the update saying it is for Wetek hub when my system is wetek play2

edit: Forced the update and now its on boot loop so back to square one. Why can I not just install this image properly is it the DVB drivers? @wrxtasy can you please upload a new image which won't boot loop. codesnake 8.0 doesn't boot loop and is fine. but I want to use kodi 16.1 because I think its more stable than v17
  • callmepaulcallmepaul Posts: 33WeTek Community Member
    @Thrall. I just tried that. Familiar boot loop. Has anything changed with the newest batch of the play 2? These problems only seem to have cropped up recently.
    @Thrall thanks for your responses. I don't know if you have read some of my posts here but initially installed 7.1 listed in this thread:

https://mega.nz/#!X0UEwQDR!khIwC1GNnloRWzc71fcsCK_iMsfrZVpt8Kz5DT8BmJQ

Which resulted in bootloop. Then I installed codesnakes version 8.0 which he listed to someone else who was having a similar issue.

http://codesnake.libreelec.tv/builds/8.0/WeTek_Play_2/LibreELEC-WeTek_Play_2.aarch64-8.0-devel-20161130032716-r24754-g4ef86b9.img.gz

Then I read somewhere on this forum that you can use tar to go to any upgrade or downgrade.

Reason why I want to use the one in this thread in particular, I get a feeling it is the most updated stable one because of audio pass through etc. Is there someway I can create an image of the present sd card because that way I can experiment switching difference images.

@callmepaul I believe so too its only newer systems that seem to be the problem.

• wrxtasywrxtasy Posts: 1,221WeTek Community Member
    WeTek themselves will have to resolve this bootloop issue. Users over in the Android Sub-Forum are facing similar issues with new Play2's when flashing Android Firmware.

We suspect a change in DVB Tuner Hardware Spec is to blame. A test would be to unplug the Tuner Module and see if this Bootloop resolves itself, especially on brand new Play2 boxes.
  • codesnakecodesnake Posts: 744WeTek Community Member, Developers
    @wrxtasy You need to include the following commit in your build to fix the bootloop: https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/commit/32dbdb29bccd17993b211eafb41b852b0507a494
  • rpv_poarpv_poa Posts: 41WeTek Community Member
    bom dia a todos, tenho uma pergunta simples, o wetek play 2 tem o mesmo problema de buffering que tem no wetek play ?
  • ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
    @rpv_poa podias elaborar um pouco mais? Qual problema de buffering?

Cumprimentos

• shinyandyshinyandy Posts: 21WeTek Community Member
    I'm truly losing the will to live with this kit. Android Kodi (tried them all now) seems buggy, slow and unreliable. So I tried LibreELEC directly, installed the image on page 1 - boot loop. Tried codesnakes image, boots fine so then applied the RGB update - bootloop

Am I doing something wrong? I've been using xbmc on loads of different hardware since the beginning of time (or so it feels like) and I've never had so many issues. Is there a definitive build that works 100%? I'm not even bothered about the tuner, just LAN playback and sound via HDMI and occasionally SPDIF would be fine.

I'm beginning to wish I'd bought another Pi now, they've worked perfectly since installation :(
  • badkarmaboybadkarmaboy Posts: 38WeTek Community Member
    @shinyandy are you saying you try a NAND install with this build? Is this even supported?

I have not had any boot or install issues with wrxtasys 7.1.0 build since I first began using it while on WeOS 1.3. Although I use it only on SD card.
    No, SD card (32GB Sandisk Extreme)
  • badkarmaboybadkarmaboy Posts: 38WeTek Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Maybe you want to disable any antivirus and/or behavioral checking software while writing the image to the card. Sometimes those solutions wreck the image writing process. You might even try the LibreElec USB-SD creator tool instead of your normal tool, although it should do the same as Rufus, Win32DiskImager or the like.

If you feel really adventurous you could even try the 7.90.010 image for the Wetek Play2: https://libreelec.tv/2016/12/libreelec-krypton-v7-90-010-alpha/
    I'm using the LibreELEC SD writer tool. It's nothing to do with the writing process as the original codesnake install works, plus I've written LibreELEC images to my three other Pi boxes and tried rewriting the image a few times to be sure

I tried the 7.90 image, it causes my box to get really hot and then constantly hang requiring a power cycle
  • s25as25a Posts: 8WeTek Community Member
    Hi,

I can only confirm. WEOS 2.01 stock rom.. Flashed this image from 1st post to SDcard and boot to SDCARD. It's unpacking and resizing the partition so seems to work but than after the reboot only boot loops. This box is really frustrating.

S
    edited January 2017
    if you have a newer box none of the old images will work and will require the newer images le8 007 and above. they will result in boot loop. as said earlier in the thread there needs to be a commit added to avoid boot loop. but that is up to the dev to put in.

why not give raybuntus build a go. it is pretty stable.
  • codesnakecodesnake Posts: 744WeTek Community Member, Developers
    edited January 2017
    @s25a You can use this build instead: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/28300/libreelec-7-0-for-wetek-play-2/p1. It doesn't have bootloop issue.
    My box arrived just before Xmas so I assume new. Le8 007 doesn't work for me, the box just constantly crashes requiring a hard reset

I will try the image from codesnake above

I'm one step away from sending it all back, it is virtually unusable and incredibly frustrating
  • NedScottNedScott Posts: 1,123WeTek Community Member
    Anyone with a Play2 should not consider LE 7 to be stable. LE8's beta (based on Kodi v17RC1) should be used until LE8 stable is released. The Play 2 came out between versions, so these things happen.

former WeTek Support team member, now just a friendly volunteer.
    So basically WeTek have shipped something unusable?

Nothing, Kodi related, appears to works properly on my box, even under Android. Buffering, slow, crashes, infinite bootloops, library scans never complete, audio sync issues, picture freezing.. I've had it all :(

Perhaps it might be prudent if WeTek could issue a definite link to something that actually works if it does exist? It seems there are loads of links to versions that don't work and yet are recommended.

How can this be a viable consumer product if it ships with unworking software?
  • kesonjakesonja Posts: 118WeTek Community Member
    My Wetek 2 shipped out,is any solution to refund money back or back box?I see here many disapointed peoples,dont see peoples happy with this box?
  • kesonjakesonja Posts: 118WeTek Community Member
    edited January 2017
    I make big misstake and buy this box but i dont want this box and want turn back.Is posible my many back ,must i contact payapal or wetek?
    shinyandy said:

So basically WeTek have shipped something unusable?

Nothing, Kodi related, appears to works properly on my box, even under Android. Buffering, slow, crashes, infinite bootloops, library scans never complete, audio sync issues, picture freezing.. I've had it all :(

Perhaps it might be prudent if WeTek could issue a definite link to something that actually works if it does exist? It seems there are loads of links to versions that don't work and yet are recommended.

How can this be a viable consumer product if it ships with unworking software?

The Play 2 ships with WeOS. WeTek doesn't ship LibreELEC or OpenELEC. They are community projects that WeTek supports. Like as was the case for all past products, a stable version will come out. Kodi itself is a community project and is not controlled by WeTek at all.

When the Play 2 came out some people in the community, like wrxtasy, posted early versions of LibreELEC for people to test out.

WeTek includes "WePlayer" on Android, which is Kodi + some wetek-specific fixes. No buffering, bootloops, broken library scans, or audio issues. That's not to say that everything is bug free, but we continue to improve the default software and it's a better Kodi experience compared to most Android devices.

Likewise for LibreELEC. LibreELEC v8 beta/alpha builds run very well, and it doesn't appear that you've even tried those yet?

kesonja said:

My Wetek 2 shipped out,is any solution to refund money back or back box?I see here many disapointed peoples,dont see peoples happy with this box?

If you want to pay for shipping it back then yes, you can contact us and arrange an exchange. To be blunt, and I'm not saying this because I work for the company, but that would be a mistake. People don't come to the forum to tell us when things work. They only come here when things don't work. That's why forums make it look like most people have issues even when they don't. It's the same for any product or software. The Play 2 is a good product, and will have very good LibreELEC support. Give it a chance.

edited January 2017
    I bought the Play2 under the premise that it was a viable comsumer ready Kodi box

I have tried everything that has been suggested to me

WePlayer is the worst option. Audio goes out of sync, buffering, extremely slow to navigate, always waiting for the "wheeling" to stop when navigating

SPMC suffers much the same but will not ever finish loading items from my music library

The later wrxtasy builds just go into bootloops

The first codesnake build seems to work but I admit I instantly tried to update and it went into a bootloop

All the Alpha builds I tried just locked up (requiring a power cycle) the box as soon as I connect them to my shared library and it started acanning

I'm currently trying the latest from Raybuntu - Aside from the Fisher Price icons/fonts of the new skin it hasn't crashed yet. The remote doesn't work properly so requires SSHing in. There are also annoying audio pops/clicks via HDMI

I'm also yet to find anything that will play my SBS 3D mkv files

If this isn't a viable hardware solution as a media player yet then you should admit that. I was not expecting an open source project that requires me to have to try 15 different builds or SSH in to the box from new - it should just work. The Play2 was bought to replace a very old ION330 htpc, the ION is still faster and more reliable than the Play2, which is a real shame

Edit to add: Same issues not loading media information from Music library on latest Raybuntu image. Been sat at 0% for 12hrs, although hasn't hung. This is via a wired Gigabit connection (WiFi disabled)