WeTek Community Forum

WETEK PLAY 1 DISCONTINUED??

kadelkadel Posts: 84WeTek Community Member
As per title, is wetek play 1 discontinued?
If answer is yes...... what happens to users with box that is outside 12 months warranty?

Comments

• NedScottNedScott Posts: 1,123WeTek Community Member
    kadel said:

As per title, is wetek play 1 discontinued?

If answer is yes...... what happens to users with box that is outside 12 months warranty?

Same as before, they will get support/repairs/replacements as needed for the full warranty period.

former WeTek Support team member, now just a friendly volunteer.
  • kadelkadel Posts: 84WeTek Community Member
    null
    Is it discontinued, YES or NO?
    What happens if it develop fault after the warranty period?
  • NedScottNedScott Posts: 1,123WeTek Community Member
    It is discontinued, which means we no longer sell the Play 1. If a unit is faulty then we will try to repair it or replace it with a working one. If no working unit exists to replace it with, WeTek will make arrangements with that customer to satisfy them, such as a newer model or some form of credit (exact details will depend on the specific situation). I don't think that specific situation has happened yet, so I can only tell you that we will do everything that we can to make sure the customer is happy and that the warrantee is honored.

former WeTek Support team member, now just a friendly volunteer.
  • MasterChief117MasterChief117 Posts: 3,707Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    Like Ned said, we don't sell it anymore.

It's completely sold out and we have WeTek Play 2 on the market now.

On the warranty side, we have devices for exchange if needed and we also have our repair center.

Best regards

• docmichaeldocmichael Posts: 17WeTek Community Member
    I have the Openelec version and came with a 2 year warranty,i see that it's not available anymore too does that apply to that on too? Does Wetek support reply pretty quick with requests?
    Thanks
  • MasterChief117MasterChief117 Posts: 3,707Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    The same is for the OpenELEC version

Best regards

I asked for RMA of my Openelec Wetek player but haven't received any reply back and it's been about a week. Is there a different way to get that done?
  • ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
    @docmichael can you provide me your ticket number ?

Best Regards

Thrall,
    I don't have a ticket number.I sent two emails to support and haven't had a reply. I don't know how to RMA device any other way. if there is can some one please show me how.
    Thanks
    Did you check the spam folder? Sometimes users get our replies on their spam folders.

Best Regards

Yes I checked and never got any response. I replied to your private message.
    A already asked the email you have used.

The email you have sent to me over PM, wasn't the email you used when you opened the ticket.

Also provide me the ticket number.

Best Regards

• agrebbyagrebby Posts: 6WeTek Community Member
    I also got a wetek play 1 s2 but I so want to change to t2 but any1 got a t2 turner part laying around or for sale as I can't find 1 anyt