WeTek Community Forum

Remote-reassignment/Alternative remotes

Snt2kSnt2k Posts: 12WeTek Community Member
The bundled remote feels really nice on the hands but lacks features. Seeing that the only way that the Hub could be turned on is via remote, is there a way to have the Hub "learn" how to turn on using other IR remotes?

Or at least have WeTek publish a list of known compatible remotes...

Comments

• ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
    I believe you can.
    You can browse the remote.conf from from /system/etc.

Use an FTP server on the hub.
    This file will provide you with all the information about the remote, and also you can see how it is mapped. You can change the second part of the key definition.

The HUB IR receiver frequency is 38khz.

Best Regards

• Snt2kSnt2k Posts: 12WeTek Community Member
    Thanks for the response!

I have checked the remote.conf however I think it only registers when the device is on. Modifying it does not change what the hub should detect to turn on when it's off. I did some research and found that the IR code is fixed in U-Boot code but you may have more information on this.
    Unfortunately this will not be possible. maybe you can try to seek for another solutions.

There is already a thread related to this so you can try to have a look and see if you find any solution that might suits you.

http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/28668/remote-control-any-alternatives

Best Regards

edited December 2016
    That's quite unfortunate. Thanks anyway!

The Wetek Hub could use a way better remote (that's my only major gripe). I currently use it with a Probox2 Remote+ and it works really well save for the fact that it can't turn the Hub on
    I can agree with you. Unfortunately this is what we have for now. But our team is aware of the remote's limitations.

Best Regards

I understand! On the flipside, the remote feels really sleek and simple (in a good way).
  • stroufellastroufella Posts: 9WeTek Community Member
    I can really attest to this. The remote was extremely cumbersome. Especially for things like troubleshooting etc, where I had to enter passwords multiple times. I finally connected my Logitech controller to make life a little simple. Here is my suggestion, if it can be implemented somehow, it will make the life of WeTek hub users easier.
    Note; I understand the aim of the devs to keep a very simple remote, but some of us I'm sure want a little more functional remote. And for those who are already happy with their controllers! Well!

1. Recommend a controller or a fe of them for us

2. Support a feature where IR remotes can be paired by users directly.

3. A more enterprising solution: make a more functional remote as an add on

This is my two cents. If you have any suggestions on good remotes, please mention them for the benefit of everyone.
    May thanks for your suggestions.
    I will forward them to our develop team. Our team is always looking for ways to improve our features.

Best Regards