WeTek Community Forum

Wetek Openelec box / android

raiztvraiztv Posts: 18WeTek Community Member
hi i have just put android on my open elec box and some how all my storage space is gone i cant get kodi etc any ideas why this happend?

cheers

Ray

Comments

• NedScottNedScott Posts: 1,123WeTek Community Member
    Do you mean, there is no free memory? You might need to re-do the Android installation from SD card.

former WeTek Support team member, now just a friendly volunteer.
  • ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
    Which strorage you reffering ? SDCard? if you are booting OE from SDcard, and now you or SDcard is full, this is normal.

Now if the storage of your device is full maybe you need to do what my colleague said.
    or a factory reset might be enough.

- Disconnect your power supply.
    - Underneath your Device, you have an update button. (Small Hole)
    - With the update nail provided in your purchase, press that update button
    - While pressing, connect your power supply now
    - Keep pressing the button for 10 more seconds.

Best ragards

• raiztvraiztv Posts: 18WeTek Community Member
    hey guys cheers i ended up just having openelec back on it
  • stupinstupin Posts: 5WeTek Community Member
    Hello,
    i need help with wetek openelec with android 1.1.8 on nand.My problem is that my wetek openelec dont mount sd card when i plug sdcard in sdcard slot...I dont see my sdcard!!Android have normal boot and working but no recognized my sdcard and i cant try dual boot.How can i mount my sdcard to show in wetek os 1.1.8 ??
    Before this problem everything was ok,i see at starting option to boot from sd card and i try pbenigma 6.1 on sdcard and everything working ok but when i watch movie on e2 in kodi my movie stop working and freeze and i turn off box and remove sdcard with enigma on it.After that i try other openspa enigma2 on sdcard but never show me sdcard in android and cant boot from sdcard.Maybe someone have similar problem and know how to fix that problem with sdcard no mount on android wetek os 1.1.8??
    I can go to recovery but i cant clean install nothing becouse i dont see my sdcard in box.Is it possible to plug usb stick and put for example openelec nand install on usb stick and try install openelec on nand??I dont like android wetek os 1.1.8 and want try openelec on nand.What is tutorial how install openelec on nand with usb stick becouse i dont see my sdcard in box?Thanks!
  • AnimaAnima Posts: 1,988WeTek Support Team
    Please try to write the image again on the Sdcard. But if the Sdcard is not even being recognized in the file manager, it is highly possible that your Sdcard slot might be faulty.

@Anima
    Can i do this:
    Is it possible to plug usb stick and put for example openelec nand install on usb stick and try install openelec on nand??I dont like android wetek os 1.1.8 and want try openelec on nand.What is tutorial how install openelec on nand with usb stick becouse i dont see my sdcard in box?Thanks!
    Unfortunately, no.

Please re-write the Sdcard image and try again. if you don't want to lose your data, get another sdcard and try again.

Pretty sure your Sdcard got corrupted, that is why you can't boot from it.

hello,
    today i try manual update with my sdcard but i dont see her in recovery...then i use usb stick with cwm recovery file and succes boot in cwm recovery v6.5.0.1 and install android 1.1.7.So now i revert from android 1.1.8 to android 1.1.7.Android is boooting ok...I think that my problem is sdcard slot ....when i insert sdcard in slot i see preparing external sdcard and after that mount sd card.....
    Is it possible to change android nand to openelec nand in my case??I dont like this android...
    Well, I guess you went ahead and used the USB nonetheless.
    The same way you used to get android, use it to install Openelec.
    Although I don't recommend doing it via USB, but I guess you don't hear my warnings.

If the Sdcard is freshly written and still does not get recognized, your Sdcard slot might be faulty, however, I don't believe that could be the case.

hello,
    i deside to stay on android....i will contact wetek servis for info about sd card slot and i hope that in future version android os maybe developers activate dual boot over usb stick like i can see in others android boxes...thanks for help anima and i hear you warnings but i only want test my recovery update and manual clean update is it ok...i see now that i can boot from recovery and i will wait better news from wetek servis and maybe from wetek developers for future version...thanks again!!