WeTek Community Forum

LibreElec NAND installation fails: secur check not match

MikeyMikey Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
I just got my Play 2 and am running into odd issues trying to install LibreElec to NAND memory.

First, I have an issue with the sdcard format. If I use an exFAT formatted card, I can boot into recovery, but I get mounting errors if I try to select an update file. If I use FAT32, I can't boot to recovery (it looks like the machine is continuously resetting itself while holding down the upgrade pin). If I boot with an exFAT formatted card, then pull it out, reformat FAT32, and insert it, I can actually select an update file. I thought I was there but then I got an error 'secur check fail, not match', and the update cancels. Same if I place the update file on a USB stick. I tried the 6.02 version from the WeTek site, and version 7 from the OpenElec site.

Has anyone else run into these problems? I updated the play 2 to software version 2.

Comments

• MikeyMikey Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    ok, I figured out what caused all the problems. Turns out the update files I used are not compatible with the play 2, only the alpha version 7.90.010 seems to be. Using that version solved both the sdcard issue and the NAND installation issue.
  • ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
    Be aware these installations voids the warranty. Any installation that can cause damage to your device due these installations of another systems into the NAND.

Best Regards