WeTek Community Forum

streamer 4k

jamil.aburedajamil.abureda Posts: 6WeTek Community Member
Dears

i cannot find any thing related to the 4k streamer, is there any software or support ?

Comments

• NedScottNedScott Posts: 1,123WeTek Community Member
    The WeTek Streamer? It's a configurable option for commercial/industrial customers. It's not aimed at normal end users, but at people who buy in bulk for things like hotels, digital signage customers, etc.

former WeTek Support team member, now just a friendly volunteer.
  • torontopaultorontopaul Posts: 87WeTek Community Member
    I asked this to support. They manufacture it but have nothing to do with it in terms of support and provide no info on it. My guess its a cheap version for walmart. Idk if I should buy. Maybe I will buy it, try it, then return it. Write a review but I am not tech savvy so somebody else would be better to write up a review on it.
  • ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
    edited October 2017

My guess its a cheap version for walmart. Idk if I should buy. Maybe I will buy it, try it, then return it. Write a review but I am not tech savvy so somebody else would be better to write up a review on it.

Have you read what @NedScott wrote?

Best Regards

Well I was told by suppurt that it doesnt have DRM or features for iptv and stuff.
    I would love to know what it can do.

How is it used for digital signage?
    edited November 2017
    @torontopaul If you're talking about wetek support, my colleagues never said anything about it or similar.

You have asked only how you could check if your device supports any DRM, which you were guided on how to check the drms that your device support.
    Also, this topic is related to a streamer 4k

Best Regards

I was told this "WeTek Streamer is an only IPTV device with lower capability than the Core. Also, does not have any DRM protection you get with other WeTek devices."

" Streamer can still be used as a regular Android device, however, due to the DRM limitations I mentioned above, some streaming apps might not work. "
    You are making it so confusing.

This discussion as about a completely different topic which DRMs are not related to it, not even IPTV.
    And you can watch IPTV even without DRMs.

Nonetheless, DRMs are needed only for the apps that required Content Protection. Like Netflix, HBO, Amazo Prime and similar.

Best Regards