WeTek Community Forum

LibreELEC 8.x for WeTek Play 2

codesnakecodesnake Posts: 744WeTek Community Member, Developers
edited June 2017 in LibreELEC (WP2)

Comments

• nomiusnomius Posts: 11WeTek Community Member
    Wow! Nice!
    Can we upgrade from LE 7.1.0 to 8 with the TAR? I'm running WRXTASY build.

Thanks!
  • ozkaradagozkaradag Posts: 592WeTek Community Member
    Thanks mate.

Best regards...
  • codesnakecodesnake Posts: 744WeTek Community Member, Developers
    @nomius I think you can, but anyway backup your data before upgarde, so you can always revert back in case of failure.
  • zbigzbig20zbigzbig20 Posts: 942WeTek Community Member
    @codesnake , what is fixed/added in this updated dvb driver? Maybe now vdr and tvh works good?
    edited March 2017
    @zbigzbig20 For me both work good.
  • RaybuntuRaybuntu Posts: 932WeTek Community Member, Developers
    Yeah. Can't wait to try it with my build ;). Maybe I can finally drop that alternative build with the old driver.
    Hope so @Raybuntu
    edited March 2017
    @raybuntu Just change the package version number and rebuild, it is already uploaded to LE server.

EDIT: Ah, I see you already did :)
    Thanks I already did.
    @codesnake , now with updated dvb driver is good. TVH works nice and Vdr as well :) I am testing latest build from @Raybuntu with Your latest dvb driver
    @zbigzbig20 Great, thanks! Please test it for a couple of days, and if all good I will PR it to official LE repository.
    Oki. I will test it . My priority on LE is live tv so most time vdr or tvh will be in use :)
    @codesnake , after little longer testing especially with vdr . Is better then on prevous dvb driver but after longer watching live tv it rebuffering again on currently watched channel . Sometimes after longer time buffer goes to 100% and nothing . Even when I stop live tv and start still nothing (fta and encrypted channels) . After le restart is ok again . So is better but some things still need to be fixed for vdr
  • ajbajb Posts: 27WeTek Community Member
    Artefacts are gone, that's fantastic ... and I feel that the channel switch speed is better. About stability, I can't say much now (using Tvheadend). The only thing I still find anyoing is when starting and stopping some stream, I hear some cracking sound on WP2. Anybody else?
  • crazyturkcrazyturk Posts: 52WeTek Community Member
    Thanks @codesnake
  • katoomkatoom Posts: 10WeTek Community Member
    I seem to have a regression in this build. During playback of video files (mp4 for example) seek step backwards (rewind) or "Big Step Back" do not work properly. The OSD time position counter makes the appropriate jumps but the displayed video stays frozen even after trying to resume playback. The video stays "hung" until the video is stopped and restarted.

Surprisingly, if I enter a time (200 for example) and do a rewind the jump and playback are executed as expected. In the forward direction the seek steps and "Big Step Forward" behave correctly.

P.S. I've only had the Play-2 for less than 2 weeks but it has been great fun!
    It is a known bug. Its in official LE too and in my builds.
  • engikidengikid Posts: 18WeTek Community Member
    @codesnake , what about some possbile slowness using video addons and menus, do you know anything about that?

I'm using LE8 official build to wetek2 and I can relate this issue. Its impossible to use, it freezes a lot and sometimes the solution its plug it off.
    What addon? Some piracy addons are known to slow down the system by doing really bad things.
    @engikid I'm not aware of such issue. What specific video addon do you mean? Most likley the problem is caused be the addon itself.
  • engikidengikid Posts: 18WeTek Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Hello,

Its not only about addons.
    I'm experiencing some freezes and slowness by just roaming arround menus. Sometimes it takes 5 or 6 seconds to unfreeze when switching menus. Sometimes the solution is unplug power only.
    Playing video just makes it worse. I may say that I'm talking about FTA channels from astra.

I'm using LE 8, downloaded from LE oficial website for wetek2 and installed a sandisk class 10 sdcard.
    Maybe a corrupted installation or defective sd card?

Ill try another fresh instalation on another sdcard soon. Is your build the same as mine? @codesnake
    edited March 2017
    @engikid That kind of slowness is usually caused by SD-card. Try different one.
    I have updated the first post in this thread with new build - 8.0.1.cs.

What's new in this build:
    * Based on official 8.0.1 release + updates.
    * Update DVB driver to wetekdvb-20170404.
  • ozkaradagozkaradag Posts: 592WeTek Community Member
    Thanks mate.

Best regards.
  • OzcubeOzcube Posts: 20WeTek Community Member
    edited April 2017
    I purchased a Play 2 with the DVB option late last year. The Play 2 worked but no DVB-T signal could be received using WeTV or LibreElec with VDR or TVH. I sent the unit back for repair (a horror story for another day). It arrived back yesterday. It now some receives DVB-T channels (Australia, Melbourne) when using We TV.

However, booting into LE with the above image (LibreELEC 8.0.1.cs) I cannot get any channels using either VDR or TVH. Both see the Sony transponder. In TVH I can get it to see up to 11 muxes, but no channels. In VDR a channel scan comes up empty using the program scan or even using the plugin wirbelscan.

Is there an image that will definitely work with either VDR or TVH to receive DVB-T in Australia? I am happy to carry out any tests that might end this nightmare.
  • 2Old2Slow2Old2Slow Posts: 40WeTek Community Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm about to give up on Ricardopvz Android TV ROM due to TVH boot loops with later vers of P2...so based on my Libreelec research almost everything works. So newb question can someone point me to install instructions for this image specific for the P2...I know I need a UHS-1 c10 SD card but step by step instructions would be great...thanks
    So have a C10 SD card and notice Libreelec forums mention formatting with FAT...this laptop only has FAT32 or xFAT as options given NTFS would not be appropriate...so which one?
    So used the USB-SD creator tool and as deduced from the comments section it does a raw format to FAT and then Windows and Android see the disk as only 512MB (until first boot evidently)...sorry for long post, been an interesting ride, especially when I noticed SD was suddenly only 512MB.
  • mfizzmfizz Posts: 104WeTek Community Member
    @2Old2Slow

The easiest way to get it is to get yourself the Librelec USB2SD can be found hereDownloads

Then you can use the builtin download function or get one of the images here and write to the SD card, pop into the box press power button and should work. First time might take long.

I would recommend the image in this thread and one by raybuntu as the most stable I have seen.

Class 10 would be the minimum I think specially if you plan on recording to it and playing 4k / HD files.
  • 2Old2Slow2Old2Slow Posts: 40WeTek Community Member
    I guess the only other question is can I boot to LE when I'm using Ricardopvz ROM. I can't find anywhere in that ROM where you can do an Android update, it uses 5.1.1 so can I still load up LE or do I need to go back to the Wetek version 1.4 I think?
    @2Old2Slow I never tried Ricardopvz ROM, but I guess it uses the same bootloader as WeOS Android, so it should boot LE just fine.
    Yes it load le from msd card without any problems