WeTek Community Forum

LibreELEC 8.x for WeTek Play 2

Comments

• callmepaulcallmepaul Posts: 33WeTek Community Member
    Is anyone else having issues with Timeshift on TVH 4.2? IT works well on 4.0 but when i upgrade i am unable to save the option on the web gui consistently and have crashes on Libreelec after unpausing.

Great job on the image. Many thanks.
  • tecfreaktecfreak Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Probably a Censure question, but can I update my libreelelec 8.0.1 NAND installation with the tar update from this thread?

ty
  • NedScottNedScott Posts: 1,123WeTek Community Member
    tecfreak said:

Probably a Censure question, but can I update my libreelelec 8.0.1 NAND installation with the tar update from this thread?

ty

That should work. Always a good idea to do a backup before hand, though :)

former WeTek Support team member, now just a friendly volunteer.
  • codesnakecodesnake Posts: 744WeTek Community Member, Developers
    @tecfreak What messages do you see when trying to update?
  • rigorigo Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    Is there a libre/openelec nand image and a brief how-to somewhere?
    I only need kodi and its functions, nothing else and why to use external sdcard if there is a whole lotta nand inside? :smile:
    edited April 2017
    @rigo You can download NAND image from official LibreELEC website at https://libreelec.tv/downloads/. Just make sure to select the right installation image, otherwise you can brick your device and lose the warranty.
    thanks @codesnake the guide doesn't say which option i should choose. is it "apply updates from ext"?
    https://wiki.libreelec.tv/index.php?title=Installation point 3.4
    You need to unzip the downloaded archive onto SD-card. You should have 3 files on the card after unpacking. Then follow the steps described in the wiki and installation process should start automatically.
    edited April 2017
    I grabbed this zip from here
    https://libreelec.tv/downloads/wetek-play-2/
    LibreELEC-WeTek_Play_2.aarch64-8.0.1.zip
    extracted it with 7zip and I have four files.
    dtb.img
    factory_update_param.aml
    LibreELEC-WeTek_Play_2.aarch64-8.0.1-update.zip
    recovery.img

is this the correct one?
    i accidentally clicked on update. lol but i had luck this time. so that was it and it's now on the nand and it's fast as hell.
    thanks!
    Yes, there should be 4 files on SD-card after unpacking, sorry for inaccurate info. I'm glad you installed it successfully.
    New release - LibreELEC 8.0.1.cs1 for WeTek Play 2.

New in this release:
    * Includes media_build drivers. media_build allows to use the latest media drivers (including DVB) on your system.

For download links see the first post in this thread.
  • ozkaradagozkaradag Posts: 592WeTek Community Member
    Thanks mate.

Best regards...
  • crazyturkcrazyturk Posts: 52WeTek Community Member
    Thanks mate.
  • katoomkatoom Posts: 10WeTek Community Member
    Very cool! This April 27 build fixes the rewind and bookmark thumbnail regressions. What am I going to complain about now?
    @katoom Unfortunately this build doesn't fix the issues you mentioned. But I will check what is wrong with bookmarks.
    @codesnake : At least so far, both issues actually are fixed for me on my WP2 every time that I try them with this version. What the ??
  • motogomotogo Posts: 5WeTek Community Member
    Hi,

@codesnake: thanks for the provided LibreElec update having a more up to date wetekdvb driver on board.

I installed it because on my WeTeK Play 2 Twin Sat box only one adapter is shown below /dev/dvb: adapter0 Even through two hardware adapters are available.

Due to the missing adapter it I can't record and view TV in parallel. However, at least the single adapter works fine.

Let me mention that I had a Wetek OpenElec Twin Sat box before that provided two adapters below /dev/dvb: adapter0 as well as adapter1

But the update didn't solved my problem. As before the new wetekdvb driver offers only one adapter. :( I saw that the module expects a parameter. But even a rmmod wetekdvb and a modeprobe wetekdvb adpater_nr=0,1 didn't initialized the second adapter.

How can I activate the second adapter again? I'm sure others are having the issue too?

Regards

Holger

@motogo While WeTek Play and WeTek OpenELEC have dual DVB-S2 tuner, WeTek Play 2 has single DVB-S2 tuner.
    @codesnake: Thanks for such a fast answer. :) But the WeTeK Play 2 Sat box has two bolted-type sat connectors?
  • RaybuntuRaybuntu Posts: 932WeTek Community Member, Developers
    @motogo Have a good look at those connecters one says RF in the other RF out.
    Hi,

@Raybuntu: You are right. Finally it's only one IN adapter as can be found here too. Maybe it's notable that a different device works fine connected to the RF OUT in parallel. :)
    @codesnake: Thanks so much.

Best regards

Holger
    @katoom The bookmark issue is not fixed in the last build. Most likely when you last tried to create bookmarks you played video using SW decoder, so the bookmarks were created correctly. When using the AML HW decoder (amcodec) all bookmarks appear as black bars. The same is true about rewind issue, it works correctly with SW decoder.

I will publish a build soon that fixes the bookmarks for AML decoder.
    @codesnake The amcodec is enabled and I have not intentionally changed anything between updates but unfortunately I do not know how to determine if the the SW/HW decoder is being used for a particular video. I tried looking in the log but found nothing related to the decoder.
    Some videos may be played with SW decoder even when amcodec is enabled. If you have a USB keyboard you can connect it to the box and press 'o' to bring up codec info.
    @codesnake Right you are! Bringing up the codec info shows that the SW decoder is being used for every video that I tried including HD content. I have no idea why this is the case. Many of my videos are SD but I tried to choose at least one that was HD. Is there a particular type of video that should always use the hardware decoder if things are configured correctly?
    Make sure you have settings level set to Expert and the following options in Player Settings->Video are all set to Always: Accelerate MPEG2, Accelerate MPEG4, Accelerate h264.
    @codesnake After you mentioned the SW decoder I verified that these settings were as you just described and at that time I saw that MP4 was set to HD only so I switched it to "always" and rebooted just in case. Every video I try is using the SW decoder although I admit to not having a wide selection of types.

Would it be useful to you if I reverted to an earlier version, for example back to 8.0.1.cs from 8.0.1.cs1 ?
    edited May 2017
    What video decoder does the codec info show?
    In the 4-5 cases that I checked (all MP4 but at various resolutions) the codec shows: ff-h264(SW)
    @katoom Can you please post Kodi debug log taken right after you starting to play one of those videos?