WeTek Community Forum

LibreELEC 8.x for WeTek Play 2

Comments

• zbigzbig20zbigzbig20 Posts: 942WeTek Community Member
    @ozkaradag , use this dtb from prevous page for play2 : http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/device_trees/gxbb_p200_2G_wetek_play_2.dtb
    @kszaq . I will test it just after my work :-) thx
  • ozkaradagozkaradag Posts: 593WeTek Community Member
    Thanks mate.

BR...
  • spinechospinecho Posts: 90WeTek Community Member
    edited June 2017
    kszaq said:
    @kszaq , many thanks for your work on this! I am currently using 8.0.2c (2017-06-20) from your thread over at https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/2156-8-0-2c-libreelec-8-0-for-s905-s905x/
    Is your new build incorporating dvb drivers for Wetek Play 2 a clean install or can I upgrade from your 8.0.2c (2017-06-20) build?

Edit - sorry, I can see it's an img file, so clean install.... I don't really want to spend ages installing and setting up Kodi again, so will there be a tar upgrade?
  • kszaqkszaq Posts: 44WeTek Community Member
    @spinecho This is a test build that incorporated WP2 tuner driver specially prepared by Codesnake for my build. You can also upgrade using img.gz file, simply drop it in Update folder.
  • spinechospinecho Posts: 90WeTek Community Member
    kszaq said:

@spinecho This is a test build that incorporated WP2 tuner driver specially prepared by Codesnake for my build. You can also upgrade using img.gz file, simply drop it in Update folder.

@kszaq Thanks - i didn't know you could use the img.gz file as an update!

edited June 2017
    @kszaq , after short test I can say now that we can use Your build with Play2 :) Build-in tuner is available in tvh , channels and media files also works good :) Play2 remote control works as well but on @raybuntu build I created my own keymap file and there I can map all buttons . On this build This keymap does not work and I can't map all buttons again in Keymap editor
    Best regards
    btw. Large Beer for You ;) Cheers
  • RaybuntuRaybuntu Posts: 932WeTek Community Member, Developers
    edited June 2017
    Nice to see kszaq's build working. Time for me to drop my builds and use his instead ;)
    @Raybuntu , are You back from holidays ? Maybe new rb-krypton / agile with some improvements ?
    Regards
  • OzcubeOzcube Posts: 20WeTek Community Member
    edited June 2017
    I was excited to see Zbigzbig20 post #128 so I d/l kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/test/LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-devel-20170622161211-r26095-g4fd2e70.img.gz

I got the following error on a clean install to SD card:
    Error_msg
    free image hosting reviews

I tried 2 cards, just to be sure. Same error.

• boukheznaboukhezna Posts: 101WeTek Community Member
    Ozcube said:

I was excited to see Zbigzbig20 post #128 so I d/l kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/test/LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-devel-20170622161211-r26095-g4fd2e70.img.gz

I got the following error on a clean install to SD card:
    Error_msg
    free image hosting reviews

I tried 2 cards, just to be sure. Same error.

rename gxbb_p200_2G_wetek_play_2.dtb to dtb.img
    edited June 2017
    Thanks boukhezna but I don't have the file gxbb_p200_2G_wetek_play_2.dtb. I do have dtb.img
    I just did update on prevous @kszaq build and works nice
  • kszaqkszaq Posts: 44WeTek Community Member
    @zbigzbig20 Thank you a lot for confirming that it works. It's all thanks to @codesnake and an updated kernel module from him. :) Build from @Raybuntu uses LIRC for remote control and my builds use amremote for better compatibility with generic boxes, that's why your keymap doesn't work in my build. On my TODO list I have adding a possibility to use LIRC instead of amremote.

@Ozcube My builds are aimed to work at many S905 (not specifically built for WeTek), you have to follow some instructions to make it work: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/5556-howto-faq-install-community-builds-on-s905-s905x-s912-device/

I was thinking to stop hijacking this thread with custom builds. ;)
    edited June 2017
    So thx @codesnake @kszaq for amazing work :-)
  • crazyturkcrazyturk Posts: 52WeTek Community Member
    edited June 2017
    tanks mate @kszaq
    I'm testing right now.
    @codesnake , Is possible to add also support for nougat kernel for wetekdvb.ko ? I wanna to test @afl1 build with play2 dvb driver but it is incompatybile
  • codesnakecodesnake Posts: 744WeTek Community Member, Developers
    @zbigzbig20 I need source code of the LibreELEC that uses the nougat kernel. Plus it should include all patches I created when added media_build support.
    It is source code from @afl1 git: https://github.com/afl1/LibreELEC.tv/tree/8.0.2c
    Generally he is using @kszaq base + some improvements for live tv...
    Nine months after I received my Play 2, I now have LE working with DVB-T for FTA with rb-krypton14 https://github.com/Raybuntu/LibreELEC.tv/releases The nightmare is over. Many, many thanks to @raybuntu, @codesnake, and @kszaq. :D <3
  • tariqmirzatariqmirza Posts: 47WeTek Community Member
    edited June 2017
  • FosphaticFosphatic Posts: 16WeTek Community Member
    edited July 2017
    Ozcube said:

Nine months after I received my Play 2, I now have LE working with DVB-T for FTA with rb-krypton14 https://github.com/Raybuntu/LibreELEC.tv/releases The nightmare is over. Many, many thanks to @raybuntu, @codesnake, and @kszaq. :D <3 </p>

Good things takes some time mate :p
    Enjoy. I'm not a Wetek employee but I'm certain that Wetek tries to satisfy customers. LE is not there primary platform. But one thing is certain, Wetek acknowledges, appreciates and encourage developers like kszaq or myself to use their hardware make the best of it. It's really nice to read some positive feedback. I think we are all doing are best here. The code will always improve. It's like Frank said: The best is yet to come ;)
  • dzookydzooky Posts: 49WeTek Community Member
    Hi Guys

I had official version 8.0.2 but today I recognized that I can not play music/audio.
    When I try to listen Radio (satellite channels) or music (mp3), it plays 1-2 second and then LE hanged (freeze). I need to restart my WP2. Playing video or satellite channels (TV) working fine.

Then I tried to update to version from first post, but nothing changed. :(
  • AffableaardvarkAffableaardvark Posts: 38WeTek Community Member
    Thank you. I had been using Android though for me using a 5.1 amplifier and pass through the android version was unusable due to HD channels lag but 8.0.2 just works. Would be happy to put this on the rom rather than using the sdcard but not worried and looking forward to future versions.
    Thanks again for all your hard work it is appreciated!
  • 2Old2Slow2Old2Slow Posts: 40WeTek Community Member
    So LE noob here. Updated via autoupdate to the 'official' 8.0.2 vers which wasn't ideal for P2 so used CS .tar to update and seems fine....so are there any gotchas with Codesnakes vers re the DTB tuner...sorry I haven't been able to work out from this thread if there is anything further I need to do. I would like to get TVH working.
  • ThomasPThomasP Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    Hi Wetek-Friends, i have a big problem. Maybe someone could help me.

I bought a Play 2. Android and Libreelec from SD work fine. But i want to have Libreelec in the nand. Booting into recovery and the installation itself were no problem. But if i want to reboot there comes only a message "sh: can't access tty; job control turned off". I tried several sd cards, same result. Reflashing the original android is no problem, too. I took the right image from the original librelec site. Where is my mistake? Thank you in advance!
    ThomasP said:

Hi Wetek-Friends, i have a big problem. Maybe someone could help me.

I bought a Play 2. Android and Libreelec from SD work fine. But i want to have Libreelec in the nand. Booting into recovery and the installation itself were no problem. But if i want to reboot there comes only a message "sh: can't access tty; job control turned off". I tried several sd cards, same result. Reflashing the original android is no problem, too. I took the right image from the original librelec site. Where is my mistake? Thank you in advance!

Could nobody help? Then i have to send the Play 2 back to my dealer. Disappointing.

Those problems usually come from bad SD cards. But I would never install to NAND. Get a decent SanDisk SD card.
    The installation works fine. Also LibreELEC or OpenELEC from this two SD cards (AData, Samsung).
    Maybe i took the wrong files?

To be sure:

db.img
    factory_update:param.aml
    LibreELEC-WeTek_Play_2.aarch64-8.0.2-update.zip
    recover.img

or only the content of

LibreELEC-WeTek_Play_2.aarch64-8.0.2-update.zip ?

The content only. Just unzip it to your sd card