WeTek Community Forum

LibreELEC 8.x for WeTek Play 2

12346»

Comments

• ThomasPThomasP Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    I will try. Thank you Raybuntu!
  • 2Old2Slow2Old2Slow Posts: 40WeTek Community Member
    So I guess i assume TVH should be fine. Next question despite me having auto update off and Notifications turned off I still get a notification advising there is an update available, so the No notification switch doesn't appear to work...
  • zbigzbig20zbigzbig20 Posts: 942WeTek Community Member
    edited July 2017
    @codesnake , is possible to fix play2 dvb driver for latest @kszaq or @afl1 build with nougat kernel ? Those builds just stuck on libreelec logo . From my side is impossible to take a log (lost my serial cable)
  • codesnakecodesnake Posts: 744WeTek Community Member, Developers
    @zbigzbig20 I have rebuilt the driver with nougat kernel and sent it to @kszaq.
    Great. Thx
  • user823user823 Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    edited July 2017
    Thanks for all the work @Raybuntu!

One question: Can I flash this through Android Recovery if I've installed [ROM] [Play 2] [Marshmallow] Android TV v2.2?
  • RaybuntuRaybuntu Posts: 932WeTek Community Member, Developers
    @user823 You don't need to touch Android at all. Just burn the image on a microsd card put it in and press the power button on the remote while booting your device.
  • rmmrmm Posts: 9WeTek Community Member
    @codesnake & @Raybuntu
    I just wanted to put my 2 cents as I've reported a problem with the DVB driver and Tvheadend. I've tested the 8.0.2.cs1 & rb-krypton18 builds and my wp2 runs with rb-krypton18 for about 2 weeks in a row now, without having any of the previous problems anymore!:D Thank you guys for your great work!

Yet, I've noticed some other, really irritating problem: Kodi crashes on my wp2 usually once a day, sometimes (rarely) every 2-3 days. I could reproduce it with the official 8.1.2, 8.0.2.cs1 and rb-krypton18 builds.The only difference is that the first 2 seem to stay in some kind endless loop running gdb for the kodi process, whereas under the rb-krypton18 kodi restarts after a few seconds. That's why I had to switch to the rb-krypton18 build. Under the other builds the only solution was to log into the console and restart the kodi service manually. I don't install any suspicious plugins, just Tvheadend related stuff.

I'm not sure, is it the right forum to report this issue? I wonder if I just had bad luck with my wp2 and got a "lemon" or is it a known problem with kodi 17.4?
  • OzcubeOzcube Posts: 20WeTek Community Member
    I use the kszaq build now and don't often have a problem. https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/9319-8-1-10-libreelec-8-2-for-s905-s905x/
    Of course you need to have the correct dtb.img file from the device tree.
  • rmmrmm Posts: 9WeTek Community Member
    @Ozcube: thanks for the hint. I'll have to take a look at it.
    Does kodi in the kszaq build suffer from hanging up (with buffer display at 100%) while rewinding (and sometimes fast forwarding) videos too? It happens only when HW decoder is used. I have this problem with all libreelec builds using kodi krypton :/.
    @rmm This issue is resolved in LE9 (for instance my rb-leia builds)
  • ArooshaAroosha Posts: 6WeTek Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Dose anyone know latest O$C8M with modern web interface available for LE8.1.2?
  • rowmanrowman Posts: 21WeTek Community Member
    I'm preparing to try out LE8 and I just want the best/stable version for play2 - satellite tuner - UK user

This thread announces the LibreELEC 8.0.2.cs1 for WeTek Play 2, by @codesnake last updated 20th June 2017. However, the sd creator tool and LE website, show 8.2.0 as latest version.

Which version would be best for me to use 8.0.2.cs1 or 8.2.0 ? Does 8.2.0 contain the tweaks @codesnake made to 8.0.2 when he produced 8.0.2.cs1 ?
    edited November 2017
    @rowman We are trying to upstream everything to official LibreELEC. It's always a good idea to try official LibreELEC. Ultimately all that counts is that you have a great experience with your WeTek device. Choose whatever works best for you.
    @rowman If you will be using internal tuner on your WP2, just use the official LE 8.2.0. The main difference of 8.0.2.cs1 from official version is that it supports more USB tuners, but basically it is the same.
  • zzlateffzzlateff Posts: 30WeTek Community Member
    Which version of WeOS do I need to have dual boot - LibreELEC and Android?
    Which version of WeOS do I need to have dual boot - LibreELEC and Android?
    edited November 2017
    @zzlateff All versions of WeOS support dual-boot.
    Even 2.X.X?
    AFAIK even 2.x.x.
    Thank you dude :)
  • boukheznaboukhezna Posts: 101WeTek Community Member
    hi @codesnake i have wetek play2 . vdr not stable in libreelec . A break occurs for channels when switching

i need vdr stable in libreelec

I do not like it tvheadend For the difficulty of dealing with it

Can you correct dvb-s wetek for vdr

There are old devices working without problems with vdr
    edited February 2018
    @codesnake , hello. How looks progress on new dvb driver for new @adamg build based on kodi leia ? @afl1 wrote that current dvb driver for wp2 is incompatible with current kernel.
    Regards