WeTek Community Forum

Wetek Hub overheating

kodiomankodioman Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
Bought a brand new wetek hub a couple weeks ago. I ran the new kodi 17.1 and it works except every other day I have to unplug the device because it get really hot. I notice the tv screen goes blank when watching programmes using kodi, check the device and it very hot. Also the device freezes when trying to watch Netflix. I made sure that the device is updated but problems still persist.

Any suggestions? Am I the only one with this problem?

Comments

• NedScottNedScott Posts: 1,123WeTek Community Member
    I wouldn't assume that it is overheating. There might still be a crash issue, but it is most likely unrelated to the heat that you feel. The top of the Hub is a metal heat sink, so it's normal for that to get hot.

former WeTek Support team member, now just a friendly volunteer.
  • PSaibotPSaibot Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Hey guys,

I'm having the same issue.
    I have 2 wetek hub, both with the latest firmware and with the same apps installed.
    One is working perfectly but the other one started to have those heating issues.
    I can't see more than 30m of a streaming movie, the image on tv becomes black, the led in box remains blue (on) but it does not respond tho the controller neither the wireless keyboard i have, the box was extremely hot.
    The only solution is to unplug the power cable.
    Noticed too that the muse cursor on tv some times became too slow and unresponsive.
    Made an factory reset but the issues remains.
    One curiosity the new weket launcher uses more memory/processor? I use the old classic launcher.

As i said i have 2 wetek hub, and this issue does not happens with the other were i can play hours and hours of movies and streams without a problem.

This lets me thinking about some hardware problem and about submitting it in waranty
  • NedScottNedScott Posts: 1,123WeTek Community Member
    Contact WeTek support formally through http://wetek.com/contact . They'll walk you through some things you can try. Maybe the heatsink got unseated, which is an easy fix, but I couldn't say for sure.

former WeTek Support team member, now just a friendly volunteer.