WeTek Community Forum

Channel management

delta544delta544 Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
Hi,
I admit I am new to these Android TV Boxes etc, but I also need to admit this is the most User unfriendly piece of software I ever had to deal with.

So, after the inital setup I wanted to sort Channels, get rid of those I do not need etc. but its just not possible.
Why?
I am using the WeTek TV application:
It seems I need to use the Dreamset application for Channel management, but since I am using the latest available version of the WeTek OS there is nothing listening on port 21,80 and so on.
So I put the file on a USB Stick and opened it in Dreamset, but regardless what I try there, when it comes to a reimport the WeTek Play just ignores all my settings regarding the channels. I even can not figure out which list the WeTek is currently using and how to edit that one.
Even when I try to sort them on the WeTek Play 2, it just does not care about it.
I can create a new bouqet, but I can not make use of it, there is no way to get my bouqet active or make it the default one.

So, please is there a way to get this done?

@WeTeK: it would be usefull if there is a documentation about that, there is nothing or all older Threads are not applicable anymore since the latest version.

kind regards,
Andreas

Comments

• DandroidDandroid Posts: 627WeTek Community Member
    edited May 2017
    You can't really sort channels. The easiest way is to go through and create a bouquet of the channels you want. But be careful, as you cannot reorder it!!!!!!!
  • delta544delta544 Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    edited May 2017
    Hi Dandroid,

thanks for the reply, but how to make a bouquet the default/used one, cause even when I delete all bouquets there seems to allways a default one which contains all channels and I can not switch the bouquets. The remote control does not have a button to switch the bouquets, nor the channel list is searchable ......

kind regards,
    Andreas
    Yes you have to keep main one, but it will always default back to the last bouquet you were using. So add channels to bouquet switch bouquet and it will stick on that one.
    There's a button, I think you bring up options when highlighting a channel or something
  • delta544delta544 Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    Hi Dandroid,

sorry, was on vacation these days......
    Maybe I got the wrong remote or something, but how can I switch the bouquet? There is no way to do that. I can create a bouquet and add channels, but despite that, there is no way to choose a specific bouquet.

@ Support can you clarify this?

kind regards,
    Andreas
  • ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
    While watching TV. Press the left on D-Pad.
    The bouquets list will show up. Just select the one you want.

You can't set any as default, but when you enter in weTV it will open on the same channel and bouquet that was being used last time weTV was on.

Best Regards

• BitboyBitboy Posts: 14WeTek Community Member
    I agree that the channel handling really Need some rework
    - At first i couldn't figure out how to add them to a new Bouquet
    - Scrolling through the whole list of channels is annoying, a text search function would help a lot
    - sorting/reordering should be possible
    - Setting a Default bouquet
    @Bitboy Thank you for your suggestions.
    They will be forward to our development team.
    Best Regards

• BitboyBitboy Posts: 14WeTek Community Member
    edited June 2017
    Additional suggestions:
    - It should be possible to select a specific path for recordings, not only the device
    - allow to Setup recordings from EPG (if ist possible, i couldn't figure out how)
    - EPG ist hard to navigate and seems to have a Display bug, the text seems "shadowed", its shown twice in the box
    hi Bitboy.

- Yes, but this would mean that all your internal system folder must have write and read permissions. I think this is ot optimal.
    - It is possible. you just need to browse your EPG and press the recording button on the remote.
    it is having some bugs that will be fixed on the next OTA

Thank you very much for your suggestions. :)

Best Regards

• zerodevzerodev Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    Hope development team can develop such a small functionality as i think it wont take much effort
  • KoliKoli Posts: 27WeTek Community Member
    @zerodev

this problem was reported really long time ago and last update for WP2 was provided in 2017 so I wouldn't have a hope that this functionality will be added soon if ever will be added. Wetek support team is unable even provide timescales about development which would suggest that nothing is happening.
  • the_shadowthe_shadow Posts: 72WeTek Community Member
    If we use a E2 list.... With dreamset, and a program to open ftp!? Should works?
  • wetek7wetek7 Posts: 142WeTek Community Member
    Wetek play 2: totally abandoned
  • the_shadowthe_shadow Posts: 72WeTek Community Member
    Mine its working good