WeTek Community Forum

WeTek Core can't go to recovery menu

goosegoose Posts: 7WeTek Community Member
Hi,

My WeTek core does not go to the recovery menu after starting up and holding down the reset pin. It just go to the white WeTek logo, Looks cropped not full screen, and then just goes to blank screen like forever. If I power up without pushing down the pin, It would do the exactly the same thing, Goes to cropped WeTek logo and then stuck on the blank screen.

Please help.

Cheers

Comments

• ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
    Try to wait like 15-20 minutes. see if the display comes back.

Also if you have an AV cable that you can use, try it, see if the Core boots normally. If yes. wait for a while and they try again to reconnect the HDMI cable.

If nothing of this works try the following

You need to download these files:
    https://mega.nz/#F!Y4QzEI5J!sC7CvTLVQFGFHHhEdwFT_A

Extract it until you get 3 files listed like this (Do not need to be in the same order)

.zip file
    factory_update_param
    recovery

Copy them to a formmated (FAT32) SDcard

After you have copied the files to your SDcard, follow these steps:

Insert the SDcard with the files in your device.
    Power Off your device
    Disconnect your power supply.
    Underneath your Device, you have an update button (Small Hole)
    With the update nail provided in your package, press and hold that update button
    While pressing, connect your power supply
    Keep pressing the button for 10 more seconds.

After the 10 seconds the installation will start automatically.

You can follow this video to help you apply the steps i mentioned above,
    http://tutorials.wetek.com/tutorial/9

• goosegoose Posts: 7WeTek Community Member
    Hi Thrall, Thanks for your reply.

Yay, The display did come back after 20 min, but stuck on WeOS screen. The logo wasn't moving, I waited around another 15min but nothing changed. So tried the clean install as instructed above. This time, after holding down the reset button and release, I waited on the blank screen for quite a few minutes then the display went back and it went through the installation process fine.

Unfortunately, This morning when I start it, It went to Optimizing app, After it finished it says starting app but then went back to Optimizing app again. This went on for 3 times until stuck on non moving WeOS logo. This happened to me many times before. I used to just factory reset it to fix it.

Is there a way to prevent it from going to Optimizing app ever again?

Thanks again Thrall :-D
  • ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
    No, unfortunately, you can disable it.
    This a process that Android needs to do when it is required.
    When some apps were running when you shut down the device, when some system files or applications need to be check in order to work properly.

When this happens again it is better to contact the direct support. And mention the steps you already did. http://wetek.com/contact

You can also link this thread to give information in advance to save time.

Best Regards