WeTek Community Forum

[ROM] [Play 2] [Marshmallow] Android TV v2.4.1

Comments

• curious_slecurious_sle Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    hi, i managed to bork the launcher as in i assigned the home button to sideload launcher and i don't see the leanback launcher to set that as homescreen again
    how can i undo it? err.

Apart from that it looks nice!
  • demmidemmi Posts: 5WeTek Community Member
    @ricardopvz Hi, I am new to tvheadend and cant figure out how to scan for dvb-s channels. On the web interface when configuring for the first time it scans but without any results. Can anyone help.
  • dirki1972dirki1972 Posts: 11WeTek Community Member
    Amazon Prime work on this ROM?
  • jpichiejpichie Posts: 36WeTek Community Member
    Hello, is it possible netflix is an issue with your ROM now?
    I am getting error code NW-6-404 with Netflix.
    Even updated to latest version, same issue.

Thanks
  • tv93tv93 Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    Yes, I also get the error code NW-6-404 with Netflix. Hope we will find a working solution soon. Hate Netflix for doing this. I already pay for their service, now the want to limit the devices that I can use to watch it in HD on my TV
  • pkroezepkroeze Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    I am also getting error code NW-6-404 with Netflix
  • nl09242nl09242 Posts: 7WeTek Community Member
    Same here, on two boxes (Wetek and MeCool).
    Had a chat with customer services and pointed to their article (https://help.netflix.com/nl/node/59270) (dutch). He told me that he couldn't help to solve. Read many articles found by Google that netflix is now actively rejecting some "Chinese" media boxes (http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s912/mecool/737833-netflix-in-hd-is-being-killed-in-some-of-the-chinese-boxes).
    For some MeCool boxes their seems to be a patch, but not tried yet on my box.
    Since i'm a normal paying customer I don't like this new policy from Netflix. I even find it some kind of arrogant. Therefore I ended my subscription of Netflix.
  • fletchx86fletchx86 Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    I'm also getting this NW-6-404 error at startup. I read also article about those Chinese boxes... but what box are not made there anyways! But I understand that those Chinese boxes usually (mostly) don't pay for all license (for video playback/sound/etc). I see some tools (like BurnKeyTools) but I tryed it on my WP2 ATV and the apps failed. I will see if there is other version that are compatible. For now the plain client from Aptoid is working but is not great looking like the current one! I'm wondering if all WP2 have the problem or only the one running ATV 2.4.x
  • torubutorubu Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    fletchx86 said:

I'm also getting this NW-6-404 error at startup. I read also article about those Chinese boxes... but what box are not made there anyways! But I understand that those Chinese boxes usually (mostly) don't pay for all license (for video playback/sound/etc). I see some tools (like BurnKeyTools) but I tryed it on my WP2 ATV and the apps failed. I will see if there is other version that are compatible. For now the plain client from Aptoid is working but is not great looking like the current one! I'm wondering if all WP2 have the problem or only the one running ATV 2.4.x

Which working Netflix version are your running?
  • MansilvaMansilva Posts: 11WeTek Community Member
    @torubu Netflix 4.16.1 works fine as long as you have an air mouse remote controller. Right now I gave up about this recurrent problem with Netflix-WeTek.... I've dediced to go for a Xiaomi Mi TV Box (Official International Version) for 56€ at GearBest and no more problem from a dead product like Wetek Play 2!
    @mansilva
    That box support Full HD netflix no problems? My wife misses her Netflix right now, and Wetek has had it's issues for us the last 2 years. Support is borderline mediocre at best, and they are clearly killing off this model.
  • DoDeDoDe Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    Going to buy mi box. It's a lot cheaper and has a lot more potential. Especially it's officially supported by Google so Netflix is going to work like a charm.
    edited September 2018
    @jpichie Xiaomi Mi TV Box (Official International Version) supports Full HD and even 4K on Netflix and no issues at all. My Wetek Play 2 at the present date doesn't run the latest version of Youtube as it hangs all the time, and only runs the mobile version of Netflix if you have an air mouse remote, since the android TV version keeps showing the error code NW-6-404. Wetek Play 2 is dead and ready to go to the bin! Never again! Buying products from a company that doesn't keep firmware updated and sort the problems of their customers its frustrating. By the way, Xiaomi just made available for the Mi TV Box the latest android OS version with a new firmware that you can update directly from the box!
  • rabbit23rabbit23 Posts: 10WeTek Community Member
    Guys, is there any option to use ATV version of Netflix again on Wetek? Netflix 4.16.1 is terrible.
  • prophet_caprophet_ca Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    Yeah this thing has been a major disappointment. I had such high hopes and I only had it for probably a year. The tv tuner was a dud, netflix is now a dud, amazon is a dud, youtube is dud, kodi isn't great. Will be looking to buy something that is better supported.
    Popping my head in to say Netflix 4.16.1 just died yesterday...
  • NoorishNoorish Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    This by far is the worst investment I have ever made in my short miserable life, I wish if I can return my device and just go with Nvidia Shield.
    @Noorish confirmed, we were fortunate enough to have Ricardo extend the lifespan of this box longer than Wetek's crack team did. Was hoping he would work his magic again
  • EagleEyeXEagleEyeX Posts: 84WeTek Community Member
    Can the rom be updates for netflix?
  • DoDeDoDe Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    I'm willing to pay for an update in order for Netflix to work. I even PM Ricardo but he's not replaying
  • EagleEyeXEagleEyeX Posts: 84WeTek Community Member
    Is ricardo on freaktab? Prob. We can pm him there.
  • helkishhelkish Posts: 5WeTek Community Member
    The strange thing is that I have a Wetek Play 2 and a Hub both running ricardo's Android TV. The Hub still works perfectly with Netflix.

I wonder what the difference is.
    Could be related to licensing... Widevine L1, PlayReady, Netflix, etc.
    edited November 2018
    @DoDe How to fix all the problems...

Ideally someone could update the Play2 to have the licensing, this box wasn't cheap, I would have liked to get more than 18 months out of it.
  • KoliKoli Posts: 32WeTek Community Member
    @Mansilva

I believe Android TV works much better than WeOS and you can use properly working Netflix, Amazon Prime and many other apps that are not working correctly on WP2. However please note that box that you recomend doesn't have dvb-s2 or dvb-c tuner. I think many people bought Wetek to be able watch live tv and have android box. Unfortunately there are not many other devices on the market that offer these two things so your box is good only for these people who not watch live tv.
  • wetek7wetek7 Posts: 152WeTek Community Member
    Noorish said:

This by far is the worst investment I have ever made in my short miserable life, I wish if I can return my device and just go with Nvidia Shield.

I am thinking on buying an Nvidia Shield to, I wonder if we can watch live channels on nvidia tv shield using some external tunner vía tvheadend or something.
  • nandroidesnandroides Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    Thanks for the grst ROM!
    Unfortunstely, I have issues with the google play movie app. I can watch all the trailers without any problems, but if I watch a movie, it's not possible on my wetek play 2. Once I it worked for some minutes, but the sound wasn't synchronised. When I tried watching it again, the film doesn't load, it still remained by the orange cycle.
    In the end I watched the movie with the browser, but that's not how it should be, right?
    I did a factory reset, uninstalled the updates, did a reset, clears the cache / data. Nothing worked.
    I can't even watch the movie on YouTube, an error is occuring...
    Has anybody an idea, how to solve this issue?
    It would be very helpful
    Thanks in advance!
  • nandroidesnandroides Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    So, I've got the reason:
    If I set in the audio settings "SPDIF" and restart the box, google play movie doesn't buffer the video, as explained before. If I set it to PCM, google play movies does play the movie, but without 5.1 only stereo.
    I'm looking forward for advice how to solve this problem and what I can do.
  • advertsadverts Posts: 8WeTek Community Member
    A bit off topic, but has anyone tried to install ATVexperience rom? Would this even be possible? Google the rom for more info, otherwise, if allowed (?), i can put a link to a forum.

Also, did anyone try to use a file named "burnkeytools'' or something like that to resolve the Netflix issues?