WeTek Community Forum

Recover WP 2 after installing libreelec on NAND

smilenkovskismilenkovski Posts: 11WeTek Community Member
edited June 2017 in Recovery
After update on MM for WP2 and because of problems playing hevc files in Kodi i decide to flash nand (for speed) with libreelec (with no success). I've succeeded to get into recovery (soft one) once, wipe cache and reset to factory. After that i can't get into recovery (nail) and even start libreelec from SD card. This is my log from putty (com2usb). Something is causing Kernel panic. Is there any solution for this?

Comments

• ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
    Try to reinstall android on Nand again.

You need to download these files:
    https://mega.nz/#F!8wYXDQQB!HDDJDSeiQkOMVtu9SAc3gw

Extract it until you get 4 files listed like this (Do not need to be in the same order)

.zip file
    aml_autoscript
    factory_update_param
    recovery

Copy them to a formmated (FAT32) SDcard

After you have copied the files to your SDcard, follow these steps:

Insert the SDcard with the files in your device.
    Power Off your device
    Disconnect your power supply.
    Underneath your Device, you have an update button (Small Hole)
    With the update nail provided in your package, press and hold that update button
    While pressing, connect your power supply
    Keep pressing the button for 10 more seconds.

After the 10 seconds the installation will start automatically.

You can follow this video to help you apply the steps i mentioned above,
    http://tutorials.wetek.com/tutorial/9.

After this keep android on nand and boot LE from SDcard.

best Regards

• smilenkovskismilenkovski Posts: 11WeTek Community Member
    Thanks for the reply. That was my first thing. While monitoring (putty log) that process i receive same kernel panic... But I'll try again tonight. Thanks again.
    Any news @smilenkovski ?
    Best Regarsd

Hi Thrall, I'm glad You are interested in my issue. Unfortunately no success. I've downloaded files, copied to fat 32 sd card, tried to boot with nail - black screen. Have you checked putty log file in my first post?
    Yes. you need to re-install android and then follow these steps

And then follow the steps Anima posted some days ago on weOs 3.1 discussion
    Anima said:

Hello guys

As many of you know, downgrading Android versions is always tricky and should not be done. As warned in the first post.

However, some of you who ventured into the abyss, encountered the mighty brick.

Until we work in a stable solution for downgrading, so you won't do damage to your device, you can fix the problem by following these steps:

Connect serial cable and brake the boot with (CTRL+C)
    Until you get something like #interrupt

then write this:

defenv
    saveenv
    reset

The WeTek will start to boot normally with the Android you installed before.

Best regards

Thanks for the answer, Thrall. And, of course I've tried that. But Control + C produce no result. It's impossible to interrupt booting with C+C no matter how many time I've tried. I'll try again tonight and report back.
    P.S.
    Is there any repair service to send device to be repaired?
    Finally... I've succeeded to enter #interupt with help of my wife. She was connecting power while I was type Control + C. That why marriage is important my friends. Thanks Thrall for support.
  • AnimaAnima Posts: 1,988WeTek Support Team

Finally... I've succeeded to enter #interupt with help of my wife. She was connecting power while I was type Control + C. That why marriage is important my friends. Thanks Thrall for support.

Hahah, this made my day :) laughed more than expected.

I'm glad you're able te recover it, however, if you don't mind I will use your case and warn a few users of the dangers of installing other OS in the NAND of the device. Repair services from WeTek in this cases are not covered by warranty.

In your case, everything worked out fine :)

Best regards

• saDeKsaDeK Posts: 37WeTek Community Member
    Hi, I'm in a very similar position, after updating to weos 3.3, I've installed this WeOS 3.1 fixes through Recovery. Once the system is started, everything crashes and has become unusable. But now I can not go out in the recovery. When I try to restart in recovery, it hangs on the initial wetek logo and stays there. How can I go back to the official version?

I've already tried driving through SD Card installation.

Sorry for my English
    edited September 2017
    Try what our team recommended you on the last email.

If that does not work, the only solution is sending the device to repair. Although the files you've used not official WeTek files, so unfortunately here warranty will not cover your device and you might be charged to repair costs.

Best Regards

• stopperstopper Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    Hi my wetek play 2 keeps rebooting ever 5 minutes is there a solution, thanks
    Contact The support http://support.wetek.com

Best Regards