WeTek Community Forum

WeOS v3.2 by OTA for WeTek Play 2 [Android Marshmallow 6.0.1]

Comments

• silver-bsilver-b Posts: 22WeTek Community Member
    Enigma2 import list is broken.

Does not work, please fix. Spent hours making list using dreamset which worked on previous version.
  • guhornsguhorns Posts: 88WeTek Community Member
    edited September 2017
    guhorns said:

Hi all!!
    I upgraded from Android 5 and my first impressions is not good...
    1º when change channel the image freeze about 3 seg
    2º the Button to close WeTV on remot control don’t work
    3º a/v out of sync on WeTV

This is a commom issues or are happening only with me?

Thanks

Here it is working without problem.
    Can you let me know the service you're using? DVB-C, DVB-S, ATSC?
    Which channels are giving you problems? SD, HD.
    Regarding the button, you can still use the home button which will also close the WeTV.
    AV Audio?
    Have you Factory Reset after you update?

-Can you let me know the service you're using? DVB-C, DVB-S, ATSC?
    DVB-C

-Which channels are giving you problems? SD, HD.
    Both. SD and HD.
    See the video http://guhorns.myqnapcloud.com:8084/share.cgi?ssid=0sye6YF
    Note that when I changed to channel with the white bull, the initial 2-3 seconds are in slow motion. Maybe this makes the sound out of sync.

-Regarding the button, you can still use the home button which will also close the WeTV.
    Ok! it´s the smallest problem...

-AV Audio?
    It's very out of sync. Sd an HD

-Have you Factory Reset after you update?
    Yes. I did.

Thanks
  • aurenauren Posts: 122WeTek Community Member
    Does Netflix ATV work on WeOS 3.2 now?
  • zbigzbig20zbigzbig20 Posts: 942WeTek Community Member
    @auren, no
    @silver-b , for me it works ok
  • ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
    @guhorns When you say A/V Audio, you mean the audio from AV cable?
    Because AV audio is not working on Android 6.

Also, would be possible for you to record a full TS, upload it to a cloud and provide me the link to download? To help us investigate the problem?
    You can send me the link through PM.

Best Regards

• sir_brickalotsir_brickalot Posts: 89WeTek Community Member
    Okay updating from file worked. Unforutantely tinkering was necessary again.
  • guhornsguhorns Posts: 88WeTek Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Thrall said:

@guhorns When you say A/V Audio, you mean the audio from AV cable?
    Because AV audio is not working on Android 6.

Also, would be possible for you to record a full TS, upload it to a cloud and provide me the link to download? To help us investigate the problem?
    You can send me the link through PM.

Best Regards

Hi Thrall,
    I'm sorry!
    When I said A/V out of sync, I refer to the sync between audio and video.
    This happen with SD and HD channels.
    My box is connected to a receiver through HDMI

Can I downgrade to WeOS 2.0.2?
    @zbigzbig20

Its not working for me at all. Ive updated from 2.1 (from recovery), factory reset as well.

It's not loading up enigma2 (lamedb) file that I have from previous.

Is there anything I can check or do?

Please help, I can't do the ordering manually again ????
  • zbigzbig20zbigzbig20 Posts: 942WeTek Community Member
    I do not know what You can do. For me it works good and I am using my e2 list
  • woronczakworonczak Posts: 13WeTek Community Member
    wetek7 said:

How can I root after this update . Flashing superáis 2.82 ZIP does not seem to work

SuperSU 2.79 zip worked for me and then updated via the android app
    edited September 2017
    edit: - removed as accidental duplicate post
    pcultra said:

was as well with version 3.1 ....... should be quiet and not mess with what was good ....
    I use mainly box to watch REMUX movies with external hdd, after upgrading to version 3.2, the movies, I see in kody ...... have left the image to shake, the sound is fine
    I had kody 18, after the update I tested kodi 17.4 and 17.3, and the symptoms continue

Same problem with me - only with direct bluray rips (made with MakeMKV) or direct isos. It isn't a problem with ALL of them, just most of them. The same videos work fine on 3.1 and in Libreelec. No issues with Netflix or videos that are not direct bluray rips.
    The same jerky playback is on Ricardo's ATV 2.3 ROM. I have made a post there with a sample file which might help for testing
    http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/59700/#Comment_59700
    @woronczak nczak Just to clarify that rooting and installing other ROMs, if for some reason your device needs to be sent to repair, a warranty will not cover this.

Best Regards

Just wanted to point out that I've got DVB-C, when I make a backup of the current channels that I've scanned and save as enigma2 list, if I try restore it, it doesn't work.

Anyone else having this problem on dvb-c?

Please help.
    Thrall said:

@woronczak nczak Just to clarify that rooting and installing other ROMs, if for some reason your device needs to be sent to repair, a warranty will not cover this.

Best Regards

Hi @Thrall . Noted

Regardless, the issues with bluray isos / mkv rips are not related to rooting or using Ricardo's ATV rom specifically. I tried on the 3.2 ROM first, where it had choppy playback for these files, went back to 3.1 where playback was fine but netflix (ATV version didn't work). I then went to Ricardo's ATV rom where ATV netflix works, but the video playback for some bluray isos is choppy. After going backwards and forwards a few times, I thought I would try rooting and seeing if I could find the cause, but to no avail. I am now back to unrooted on the 3.1 firmware where at least the video playback is working properly (I know there is the phone version of netflix that works, but that is not so user friendly for the TV screen / remote use).

Have you been able to reproduce the error with the sample file I posted in the other forum?
    http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/59700/#Comment_59700

• wetek7wetek7 Posts: 152WeTek Community Member
    During the installing os supersu 2.79 ..... finding boot imagen- boot image not found, aborting.
    Trying to instalo Magisk vía recovery ...failed to unmount.
    woronczak said:

Thrall said:

Best Regards

Hi @Thrall . Noted

Regardless, the issues with bluray isos / mkv rips are not related to rooting or using Ricardo's ATV rom specifically. I tried on the 3.2 ROM first, where it had choppy playback for these files, went back to 3.1 where playback was fine but netflix (ATV version didn't work). I then went to Ricardo's ATV rom where ATV netflix works, but the video playback for some bluray isos is choppy. After going backwards and forwards a few times, I thought I would try rooting and seeing if I could find the cause, but to no avail. I am now back to unrooted on the 3.1 firmware where at least the video playback is working properly (I know there is the phone version of netflix that works, but that is not so user friendly for the TV screen / remote use).

Have you been able to reproduce the error with the sample file I posted in the other forum?

Regarding the playback issues on 3.2. Aer you using Kodi? have you tried to configure Kodi Playback settings to try to smooth the playback?

About Netflix, I agree, it is not user-friendly. You can try to use a USB Keyboard with Touchpad, a mouse or an Android Application like Cetus Play, which you install on your mobile and you can control your WeTek using your mobile.

Best Regards

edited September 2017
    @Thrall

This version is extremely buggy for me.

1. CEC is slow (have to press 3/4 times on remote to move around) takes ages to do anything.

2. Enigma2 DVB-C import is broken.

Also the system randomly crashed on me and rebooted a few times just watching YouTube?!

I really can't deal with this version, please for the love of god provide me instructions to downgrade WeOS v2.0.1
    The earlier version worked absolutely fine, updated only because I got annoyed of being notified of an upgrade available.

I've manually updated /factory reset& everything BUT I really can't deal with the CEC delays.

Can you please provide a solution for me to downgrade
    Thrall said:

woronczak said:

Thrall said:

..Have you been able to reproduce the error with the sample file I posted in the other forum?

Regarding the playback issues on 3.2. Aer you using Kodi? have you tried to configure Kodi Playback settings to try to smooth the playback?

About Netflix, I agree, it is not user-friendly. You can try to use a USB Keyboard with Touchpad, a mouse or an Android Application like Cetus Play, which you install on your mobile and you can control your WeTek using your mobile.

Best Regards
    Hi @Thrall

I didn't want to repost exactly what I had written in the other thread so as not to be seen as spamming (hence the link), but:

Using the 3.1 firmware, as far as i can see all my videos play normally (using Kodi 17.4). A majority of my video collection are direct bluray rips made using MakeMKV. These play perfectly in 3.1 firmware. They also play fine on other devices running Android or Libreelec or Windows.

In Kodi, I have Refresh Rate set to "Stop / Start" with both mediacodec options selected.

Using the 3.2 firmware or Ricardo's ATV ROM 2.3, about 60% of my bluray rips play terribly. The sound is fine, but the video skips frames (it plays as if its playing two frames forwards, then one frame backwards). It doesn't matter if it is a mkv or the Bluray Iso. Some of the bluray rips play just fine (eg Xmen First Class, Avatar) without skipping. Note that other files (such as dvd rips) and test samples including Jellyfish / Big Buck Bunny play fine, as does Netflix.

I have tried with a factory reset and just installing 3.2 or Ricardo's ATV ROM by itself and also by installing over the top of the working 3.1 with the same result.

@pcultra in this thread and @Etharr in the Ricardo ATV thread have reported the same thing. I have made a small sample of a problematic file for testing

https://mega.nz/#!4ewWCZJY!GWR_ah0KhRZGKnDmZe6FfPVUY1fdCq8k_tqhsj8vTO4

I have a Kodi log as well if that helps (I know this is not a Kodi forum), but the files play completely normally with the exact same settings in Kodi 17.4 using 3.1 firmware ( I can even overwrite a working 3.1 with 3.2 and it doesn't work properly and then "update" to 3.1 again and it works fine, without altering anything else in the Kodi / Android setup; like I said above though, a clean install doesn't work either).

Thanks in advance
    @silver-b if you desire to downgrade to version 2.02 contact the support at http://support.wetek.com

Best Regards

• turraturra Posts: 6WeTek Community Member
    @silver-b, I'm having the same problems with DVB-C.
    edited September 2017
    wrxtasy said:

I've personally tested this Rooting Method on various Android Boxes now including WeTek's.
    It does not kill DRM or cause any such problems with Netflix.

You flash the Magisk-v14.0.zip file from Android recovery:

[2017.9.6] Magisk v14.0 - Root & Universal Systemless Interface [Android 5.0+]

I tried supersu 2.78, .279 etc,,, and tried Magisk v14.0 flashing from recovery but the flashing proces does not init.
    During the installing os supersu 2.79 ..... finding boot imagen- boot image not found, aborting.
    Trying to instalo Magisk vía recovery ...failed to unmount.
  • kenny45000kenny45000 Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    Hello,
    When you will fix the a/v analog sound output ?
    Tanks you.
    :/
    edited September 2017
    Thrall said:

WeTek Play 2 is getting a new update. Make way for WeOS 3.2!

To update your system, simply access your Apps section on the launcher, enter the WeUpdate app and select Online Update.

Changelog:

Apps:
    - Update Kodi to 17.4;
    - Update Google Apps;
    - Update file manager;

Bug features and overall improvements:
    - Improved MPEG2 stream;
    - Improved Streams at Browser;
    - Improved 10Bit HEVC videos playback;
    - Improved WeTV playback;
    - Bug fix for Passthrough at WeTV;
    - Added "Auto change language" option at HDMI-CEC;
    - Bug fix for Daydream crash;
    - Bug fix for LG remote powering on WeTek Play 2;

Miscellaneous enhancements:
    - Various fixes on WeTV core DVB middleware;
    - Various fixes regarding system’s performance and stability.>

If you desire to perform a Local update download this file,
    https://mega.nz/#!cwhjlbpB!jqyG4maHxt3yrZLGkzO5RG0AM4s3NwmTv-K4svb0Q1E

You can follow this article to help you apply the local update.
    https://support.wetek.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001315785-How-to-update-my-WeOS-locally

IMPORTANT NOTES:
    If you are updating from Android 5, all your data will be erased.
    Please do a Manual backup of your data, do not use Android Backup feature on Android 5, as it will not work on Android 6.

Please don't downgrade the device from Android 6 to Android 5!
    As the filesystems are different, You'll brick the device!

Best Regards Wetek Team

Can you please post a complete clean install versión of WeOS 3.2, the complete firmware in order to flash it via recovery??
    In the download section of the web the latest version is 3.1
  • DraghmarDraghmar Posts: 33WeTek Community Member
    Thank for the update. Some things works better (daydream for example) but there is something that for some reason stopped. I can't find any channels in WeTV using DVB-T. I do occasionally channel scan to check if some new would show up. And I did this after the update. At first only some channels were broken - black screen, no sound. So I rebooted and did scan again. This time 0 channels found. I did try to reset to factory but it didn't help at all. I also tried to download EPG with this option in the menu that I don't remember right now but whenever I try that I got error that WeTV stopped working.
    Some suggestions would be appreciated. :)
  • mrgiggsy11mrgiggsy11 Posts: 254WeTek Community Member
    I notice this problem to occur many times, the launcher seem to stop working and restart randomly especially on boot.. i cleaned cache but still have this problem!

https://i.imgur.com/vECPQ8C.png

Also a problem i had on older weos versions with mx playee and now back again , a black box all around the screen..
    https://i.imgur.com/tJc0KLS.png
    We need a complete clean versión of the firmware... Thrall can you upload it?
  • dfarrell8dfarrell8 Posts: 24WeTek Community Member
    Can I go back to 3.1 without bricking? This update has major audio sync issues that are really bad.
  • AffableaardvarkAffableaardvark Posts: 38WeTek Community Member
    Fresh install after atv but Netflix not working which is a major fail for me. sound via spfdif seems better. I did try Netflix in the chrome browser though this failed with "unexpected results" so back to atv which is more stable though tvheadend can be a pain. I do not remember my wetek 1 (front room) ever giving this much hassle and that is running e2!
  • flipdivingflipdiving Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    Thank you for your sharing. Thanks to this article I can learn more things. Expand your knowledge and abilities. Actually the article is very practical. Thank you!
    flip diving