WeTek Community Forum

WeOS v3.2 by OTA for WeTek Play 2 [Android Marshmallow 6.0.1]

12346»

Comments

• Pito_Pito_ Posts: 13WeTek Community Member
    Dead support, netflix not work, no update, italian epg still bugging. Why pay 120€?
  • nurogonurogo Posts: 15WeTek Community Member
    I have android tv rom installed on my WP2.
    But now i want to install weos (the original SO).
    How can i do it?
    Is there a guide for this?
  • ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
    @nurogo Follow these steps

Let's attempt a Clean Installation of the OS, you just need to follow these steps:

You need to download these files:
    https://mega.nz/#F!81JnBQQT!-1Og-aUkm7nx7BC8vqvNWg

Extract it until you get 4 files listed like this (Do not need to be in the same order)

.zip file
    dtb
    factory_update_param
    recovery

Copy them to a formmated (FAT32) SDcard

After you have copied the files to your SDcard, follow these steps:

Insert the SDcard with the files in your device.
    Power Off your device
    Disconnect your power supply.
    Underneath your Device, you have an update button (Small Hole)
    With the update nail provided in your package, press and hold that update button
    While pressing, connect your power supply
    Keep pressing the button for 10 more seconds.

After the 10 seconds the installation will start automatically.

You can follow this video to help you apply the steps i mentioned above,
    http://tutorials.wetek.com/tutorial/9

• saDeKsaDeK Posts: 37WeTek Community Member
    Pito_ said:

Dead support, netflix not work, no update, italian epg still bugging. Why pay 120€?

I also think that it has now been abandoned. It is also out of stock for purchase.
  • SpeakEasySpeakEasy Posts: 11WeTek Community Member
    As a user of many previous unbranded boxes ranging from €20-€60 I kind of agree with Pito. Loved the idea of the Wetek but in reality it just did not perform as expected, disappointing really as it had so much potential.
  • free3dmodelsfree3dmodels Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    Greetings friends of wetek excellent subject matter discussing this from android impressions Definitely that 3d models are the present of design and layout
    of an endless number of objects and elements that surround us, great that in these systems
    of the web.... we meet to know about the advances of the devices and software
    more advanced.
  • EagleEyeXEagleEyeX Posts: 84WeTek Community Member
    Is WeTeK get new devices in the future? The s905 is getting old.... just intressed
  • AnimaAnima Posts: 1,982WeTek Support Team
    EagleEyeX said:

Is WeTeK get new devices in the future? The s905 is getting old.... just intressed

Yes, we are :)

• TheNetStrikerTheNetStriker Posts: 51WeTek Community Member
    Since the latest Youtube app update I'm having a lot of app freezes. (Also when just scrolling through the videos) Does anyone also have these problems and is there a solution for this?
  • mfizzmfizz Posts: 104WeTek Community Member
    @TheNetStriker same i can only watch one video before it freezes. Have to kill the app and restart again.
  • gcgc77gcgc77 Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    Same problem with YouTube.
    Also Netflix not working anymore
  • paf68paf68 Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    Looking for advice on how to actually perform the update to WeOS 3.2. OTA update returns error message "problem with our servers" and when I try local update with the install package on a USB key , the file is not visible when I browse the USB key for it.
  • dp86dp86 Posts: 17WeTek Community Member
    edited October 2018
    Wetek Server for Updates gives error.

Did wetek closed doors? I see a super bad wave of coments regarding wetek, and that might not be good when you launch another product.
    Bad reputations are hard to erase.
  • AmmarAmmar Posts: 27WeTek Community Member
    Anima said:

EagleEyeX said:

So the issue now is in s905 chip, seriously!
    You need to see it from end-user perspective and this is the only way to move forward in your B2C.

Most of the peoples which I know, they prefer to have one box near to their tv, and it is in my case as well, for watching live channels and video-on-demand services like Netflix, Amazon Prime...etc.

Let us take fast look, Live TV software is missing major functionalities, Netflex is not working well, software updates are almost absent.

And by the way most of the giant companies were using the same excuse when it comes to competitors, "it is a cheap chines product", but you know what it is not anymore, look to Mi Box progress from Xiaomi and if they produce tuner supported device believe me you are done.

As a customer, I prefer to fix your software issues in your recent products before you think to have another expiry box by following the same path expecting a different result!
  • AnimaAnima Posts: 1,982WeTek Support Team
    Ammar said:

Anima said:

EagleEyeX said:

So the issue now is in s905 chip, seriously!!
    I never said the issue was in the S905 chip... You assumed that.
    I was just answering a direct question: " are you launching new products?" Yes, we are.

• nandroidesnandroides Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    Is it possible to get audio AC3 passthrough via SPDIF with the google play movies or netflix app?
  • AmmarAmmar Posts: 27WeTek Community Member
    @Anima I didn't assume anything because I am sure the issue isn't the chip the issue is wetek support team and wetek sales strategy.

You through out your recent product, stopped support and none of reported issues is resolved and now you guys just found the solution by having new box!

By the way since my first month after my purchase I figured out the technical support limitations when some basic features amateur programmers can fix it, but it keeps there till now.