WeTek Community Forum

Core 4k problem

jasmindjasmind Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
When i connect my core to a Sony 55ex7005 (2017 model) tv i cant use the 4k resolutions. I get 4k2k 24/25/30 hz, if i select 24 or 30 i get picture, after a second or two picture gos black than back on, than black again, than some kind of static signal, and than back on, and it cycles like that.
Anyone had a simmilar problem and a solution ?

Comments

• ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
    Would be possible for you try with an HDMi cable 2.0? If it isn't that much necessary as it should work with the cable provided until 50hz. But It might help.

Best Regards

• jasmindjasmind Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    edited October 2017
    I tried with several cables. Older but philips branded ones. also i tried a newer one i got with my ps4 pro ( it plays 4k60hz hdr from the ps4 without problems. I get the same problem with all of them. 1080p50hz works fine.
    Would be possible for you to please provide me a screenshot of all resolutions you have available on the core?

Also, would be possible for you to download an application from Google play store, DRM info, install it, run it, and also provide me a screenshot of the information that it will provide you.

When reproducing a 4k movie, can you check if the video is reproducing in 4k or 1080p?
    You should have an Info button on the remote that will provide you this info once reproducing the video.

Best Regards

This is what happens, and it goes on like this constantly:

Here are the resolutions i get on core.

Here is DRM info

Here is a 4k video played from you tube

This flash happens with all different HDMI cables?
    Even while reproducing an error?

Just for curiosity, have you tried it on a different 4kTV?
    It seems that is a refresh rate problem on your TV.

Best Regards

edited October 2017
    Thrall said:

This flash happens with all different HDMI cables?
    Even while reproducing an error?

Just for curiosity, have you tried it on a different 4kTV?
    It seems that is a refresh rate problem on your TV.

Best Regards

I've tried different cables, dont have access to an another 4k tv. And yes, the problem happens during playback. When it happens i think it is switching between resolutions and refresh rates constantly.

Tv works perfectly with other devices. (pc, ps4). Tv supports these resolutions and refresh rates, official specs:
    4096x2160p(24,50,60Hz), 3840x2160p(24,25,30,50,60Hz), 1080p(30,50,60Hz), 1080/24p, 1080i(50,60Hz), 720p(30,50,60Hz), 720/24p, 576p, 576i 480p, 480i

I assume wetek does not support 50Hz ?
    Have you tried to connect it to the main input of your TV? Normally every TV has it's main HDMI input which is normally HDMI 1.

I am not sure what is causing this, as the core works normally with other 4k TVs. Maybe some incompatibilities between the wetek and your TV.

Do you have a friend or relative which you can try with another 4kTV?

Best Regards