WeTek Community Forum

Remote Pro and dongle dont pair

JunoxeJunoxe Posts: 132WeTek Community Member
I have Remote Pro, dongle plugged to Wetek Core. I tried to pair them many times using instructions in leaflet but seems they didnt pair. It means My Wetek Core with latest official built not responding on Remote Pro commands.
I pressed Caps button for 5 secs and red LED start blinking, then i put dongle to working Core and LED on Remote Pro started blinking faster and little blue LED in dongle became visible, After some time red LED in Remote Pro stopped blinking (leaflet says it means its paired, but it also says stop blinking after 60 secs if not paired). Seems ther are not paired as Remote doesnt control my Core with latest WeOS.
1. Is any special tip to pair both?
2. Does Remote Pro support dualboot?

Comments

• ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
    Pro Remote cannot be paired with Core.
    Also, pro remote does not work on WeTek Core.

Best Regards

• codesnakecodesnake Posts: 744WeTek Community Member, Developers
    @Junoxe LibreELEC 8.2.5 is planned to be released soon and it will include support for WeTek Pro Remote for WeTek Play, WeTek Core, WeTek Hub, and WeTek Play 2: https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/pull/2628

Unfortunately it will not include (yet) support for dual boot with the Pro Remote.
  • JunoxeJunoxe Posts: 132WeTek Community Member
    edited April 9
    @Thrall
    Thats not good practice not to inform about such important lack of feature.
    @codesnake
    Thank You!
  • codesnakecodesnake Posts: 744WeTek Community Member, Developers
    @Junoxe Dual boot is a feature of WeTek Core, not a feature of Remote Pro.
    @codesnake
    I say about Remote Pro not working with Wetek Core.
    edited April 9
    Thrall said:

These are sentences I refer to.

edited April 11
    Thrall said:

If you intend to pair the Pro Remote with Core's dongle, it will not be possible

Thrall said:

Here I intended to say that the IR part of the remote does not work with wetek core.
    Only the RF part.
    When you pair the pro remote with the dongle that is included (should be already paired), all the RF keys will work.
    The RF keys include the air mouse and the Keyboard side of the remote.
    One problem you might face is that the audio will automatically be routed to the remote. So you will need to use a Headphones connected to the remote or unplug the USB Dongle.

Best Regards

@Thrall

Thank You for making things clear. :)
    I was writing about Pro Remote dongle of course. It doesnt pair with Remote Pro plugged to Core.
    So buttons not working but airmouse working occasionally. It means i can move pointer, but pointer freezes from time to time.

I use optical for sound. As i understand, using Remote Pro dongle i will be unable to use USB as audio source?

Well, there is one way to have it working.

Go to menu » more » more settings » about wetek » now press 6 times on Build version until you see a message stating that you are now a developer.

Now, press back once.
    Go to developer options.

Scroll down until you find "Automatic USB Audio Routing" This is the automatic behavior from Android so, in order to disable it, you need to make this setting "checked"

Reboot your device.

Now, if you desire to have your Audio being outputted by the remote to use with headphones, you need to disable this again.

Best Regards

Thank You for information about audio.

You're welcome :)

Enjoy your remote

Best Regards