WeTek Community Forum

Remote LE on WP2 seems to be different to OE on WP1

HopsingHopsing Posts: 15WeTek Community Member
edited April 10 in LibreELEC (WP2)
Hello,

I used to have a Wetek Play 1 that gave up after more than 2 years.

Now I bought a Play 2 and installed LE on a Micro-SD-Card. Unfortunately the assignment of the remote control does not seem to work like under OpenElec of WP1 anymore. Especially the keys on the outer ring don't seem to work or to work differently. Can someone tell me a current keyboard layout or what else could be the reason?

Thank you very much.

Comments

• ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
    What is the version of Libreelec you're using on WeTek Play 2?
    Are you using the WeTek PLay 2 remote, correct?

Best Regards

• HopsingHopsing Posts: 15WeTek Community Member
    @Thrall
    Yes, I'm using the remote of the WP 2, optical it looks like it's the same as the remote for the OE-version of WP1 but the remote of WP1 does not work withe the WP2.
    I have installed the newest LE 8.2.1, the one from the download page at www.wetek.com.
    edited April 12
    Still, I did not understand if you're trying to use the Remote from Play 1 with Play 2.

If yes, then, it will not work. You need to use the remote of Wetek Play 2 with LE at WeTek Play 2 and Remote from WeTek Play 1 with LE at WeTek Play 1.

Best Regards

@Thrall
    No, you misunderstand me.

I use the remote of WP2 because that of WP1 does not work with WP2.

I have the above problems with the remote control of the WP2 with the WP2.

Thanks for your help.
    edited April 13
    Hopsing said:

Now I bought a Play 2 and installed LE on a Micro-SD-Card. Unfortunately the assignment of the remote control does not seem to work like under OpenElec of WP1 anymore

The way you described it, seems that you were trying to use the remote not assigned to your device.
    You're using WeTek Play 2 remote with your WeTek Play 2 device. Ok.

What are the difficulties you're facing when controlling your WeTek Play 2?
    Which keys that are not assigned or not working.
    What is the image version you've flashed in the SDcard?

Best Regards

@Thrall
    I use the skin Aeon Nox.

The arrow keys in the inner ring of the remote control function as usual.
    In the outer ring, only the backspace key in the upper right corner works as usual.

In the remote control of the WP1, for example, the lower button could be used to show a menu at the top for movies/series (this can now be done with the button at the bottom left corner)

With the upper button you got directly to the main menu, now this button seems to have no function at all.

With the button in the upper left corner you could display a menu in the movie list of the WP1 and mark movies e.g. as seen/unseen. This menu is not available on the WP2 (at least I haven't found anything yet).

Any hints?
    To mark movies as seen/unseen, just press and hold the Ok button or press the square button on the left bottom side of the outer ring, on the main screen or on movies list screen for the context menu with a few other options

Regarding your other keys, please try to be more specific about the functions you're looking for :)

Best Regards