WeTek Community Forum

Problems with "Android TV v2.4.1"

maxim2000spamaxim2000spa Posts: 2WeTek Community Member

Hi, lately I have big problems with the wetek play 2, I use Ricardo's ROM for several months without ever having a problem, but now the app is blocked continuously, I often reboots, in a few words the system is no longer stable. I tried to reinstall ROM, after doing the wipe data and factory reset, for a few days it is all right, but now I'm stuck again. What can I check?
Thank you
Massimo

Comments

• AgelinBeeAgelinBee Posts: 6WeTek Community Member
    Same here. Ricardo's ROM started rebooting randomly after several months of happy service. Also, when rebooting I get lot of messages like "X stopped working" (netmounter, tv services, etc.). Pity, Ricardo's ROM was the only way to let the Wetek Play 2 be an acceptable DVB Android box. I'm looking for something else.
  • xtractxtract Posts: 26WeTek Community Member
    My box was doing the same. I just installed libreelec/coreelec and now I am running just kodi, for what I do it is good enough.

I think we'll have to wait for an official update (maybe android TV, maybe next year?), other boxes like the mi tv box have started to receive oreo. So for now, just wait (or buy another box).
  • MrJayMrJay Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    Same problems here, suddenly crashing apps sometimes rebooting by itself... What's going on?
  • mushdamushda Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    Same here
  • mushdamushda Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    I wonder why now
  • brtsmthbrtsmth Posts: 15WeTek Community Member
    Same here... what is going on!
  • AnimaAnima Posts: 1,988WeTek Support Team
    Probably, a few months old installations might be requiring a fresh start.
    Try to factory reset and try again.
    I don't believe Ricardo has changed anything to his build lately, so there is no reason for a change in the behavior.

• brtsmthbrtsmth Posts: 15WeTek Community Member
    Anima said:

Probably, a few months old installations might be requiring a fresh start.
    Try to factory reset and try again.
    I don't believe Ricardo has changed anything to his build lately, so there is no reason for a change in the behavior.

For the record, this was right. I did a factory reset and everything is working fine now