WeTek Community Forum

Wetek Play 2 availability

sthemiststhemist Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
Any idea when the play 2 will be back in-stock?

Comments

• ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
    Unfortunately, for now, we do not have any information about when WeTek Play 2 will be back in stock.

Best Regards

• sthemiststhemist Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    So where can I buy one (other than the wetek site)?
  • AnimaAnima Posts: 1,866WeTek Support Team
    Probably in one of your local stores, directly from one of our distributors.
    Where are you from?

I am located in Cyprus, are there any distributors here locally?
  • torontopaultorontopaul Posts: 83WeTek Community Member
    Why? You guys are sitting on a gold mine but you arent making them? You guys could be bigger than Apple if you keep making more products. Im still waiting for a year for more stock. Or are you guys going to make a new box? Wetek play3? Wetek core2?
    3gb RAM, Android 8, s912, mali820, 4k, kodi 18 build weplayer, a fan to keep cool, maybe a bigger box, better remote like the core has or a remote pad not gamepad, builtin bluray player, led clock, full on cable box, cloud database to upload and save your movies, basically a powerhouse! I would buy 10 of them!
  • JunoxeJunoxe Posts: 131WeTek Community Member
    Does Wetek works, plans, intends to plan any new device? As we see Wetek Play 2 is the last device. I ask because i would like to decide to buy Wetek Play 2 (as it be on stock) or just wait for brand new WeDevice.
    For me accepted period for waiting is approx. a year. If WP2 come to shop on i.e. July 2018 and next device will be on stock July 2019, i could decide to wait. But If new WeDevice be ready later, if at all, i would decide to buy WP2 on nearest occasion.
    edited May 25

3gb RAM, Android 8, s912, mali820, 4k, kodi 18 build weplayer, a fan to keep cool, maybe a bigger box, better remote like the core has or a remote pad not gamepad, builtin bluray player, led clock, full on cable box, cloud database to upload and save your movies, basically a powerhouse! I would buy 10 of them!

Built-in Blu-ray player? wow. Android 8 was just launched, I can only imagine the amount of bugs the device would have. Android 7 is a much more realistic option for a stable device.
    If such thing would be possible to get together all those specs and functions I would cost around $500. That is not the WeTek standard. We aim to deliver good devices at competitive prices.
    Junoxe said:

Does Wetek works, plans, intends to plan any new device? As we see Wetek Play 2 is the last device. I ask because i would like to decide to buy Wetek Play 2 (as it be on stock) or just wait for brand new WeDevice.
    For me accepted period for waiting is approx. a year. If WP2 come to shop on i.e. July 2018 and next device will be on stock July 2019, i could decide to wait. But If new WeDevice be ready later, if at all, i would decide to buy WP2 on nearest occasion.

At this point, I would advise you to wait for a new device, as it should not be far from happening. :)

@Anima

Bah!
    Thats the answer i was waiting for. :)

Thank You.
  • KoliKoli Posts: 15WeTek Community Member
    edited May 26
    @Junoxe @sthemist

Guys think twice before you will buy any wetek device. WP2 users were totally blow off by wetek team. Apps that are in dedicated OS are full of bugs. Issues have been reported years ago and still haven't been fixed. Simple function like setting up order of channels is not implemented. Support still repeats that dev team is working on updates but last update for dedicated OS was released long time ago. If they did blow off WP2 they may do the same with new device after a while. In my opinion is not worth to buy wetek for their dedicated OS. Only if you are going to install other OS like libreelec is worth to think but you can do it also on other devices and you have even more alternatives like Enigma2
    @Koli
    Guy, think twice before You advise or discourage anything. Advising is responsibility.
    I bought, at very beggining, Wetek Play (OE edition), 2x Wetek Core, additionally SAT tuner, Remote Pro. I know advanteges and disadventeges of Wetek products and services. I'm customer from the beginning.
    I'm glad of all improvements Wetek did. But my demandings, requirements and expectations are proportionally to capabilities of Wetek stuff. At very begining it was like experimental enterpise. Wetek devices did things that other products on markets didnt. If they were on market at all.
    Nowadays in instant massaging era people demanding instant services, instant answers, instant everything. Propably You are young and You dont know that things can happen NOT instantly. If You are not glad about Wetek devices, feel free and find on market so versatile device. There is NONE. Most of devices dont have any EU support, dont support dual boot so easily, dont support OE/LE, dont support high res audio, have problems with Netflix, HBO GO, 4K etc. And last, Wetek devices are fairly priced.

In my honest opinion, Weteks devices are best on market because of their versatile.
    Look on @wrxtasy lists of best Kodi devices. Almost in all categories there are Weteks devices.

Wetek is not perfect? Who is ffs?
    @Junoxe

Did you read my comment properly. Read with understanding man. Kodi works really well on libreelec in WP2 but libreelec doesn't come from wetek. Things are not happening instantly but here updates and fixes for dedicated OS just stopped. Probably dev was moved to work on a new device and WP2 users were left in limbo. The support that we are getting for WE os is a joke. I'm software developer and not giving roughly idea about estimates how long something will take to fix is not acceptable.

At the moment is not EU support as someone mentioned in other topic is a EU device with China support. Buy device, stop getting updates be left with our bugs this is how it works at the moment here.

If you mentioned about Netflix and HBO GO tell me if latest version of this apps are working properly on WP2?
  • boukheznaboukhezna Posts: 85WeTek Community Member
    Indeed, the support of wetek for wp2 seemed to disappoint our hopes

For more than eight months, we have not received any update that addresses the issues and adds missing features . but This is enough time for Google to launch a new Android platform !!

@Koli.
    Yes, i read Your comment really carefully. Even more. Before i wrote first comment in this thread i read all Your comments on this forum. In that moment were 13.

Your main and only complain is about that You cant sort channels as You want. And frankly speaking all Your posts are spamm of complains about that Wetek doesnt want to give You fix for this. And You constantly whine that because of lack of this fix Wetek stuff is awfull.

This thread is Your 4th conversation (of 5) You dont give any support but You came here just to whine "Guys think twice before you will buy any wetek device."
    You made simply generalisation: "Apps that are in dedicated OS are full of bugs. Issues have been reported years ago and still haven't been fixed." There are not apps being full of bugs, its one feature You want and You cant get it. Stop being childish.
    Because You (and some) didnt get Your fix, You spamm here and there about Your dissatisfactionthat You didnt get a toy.
    I aksed about availability of device, not asked about who is angry because didnt get a toy. So, for sure, You did not read my comment properly.
    @Junoxe

I see you feel really offended beacuse "i said think twice..." and you are really experienced user and you wrote so many posts so none have right to say own opinion especially someone like me who wrote only 14 posts. That makes you really angry so you have to call me a child to feel better now. I apologise for my right for sharing opinion. Notice that I'm not the only one who is not happy beacuse of china support and you are not the only person who asked question here so maybe my opinion will be helpful for other person before spending money.

Facts are we are not getting more updates for WeOS. In tv tuner basic feature like sorting channel doesn't exist that is a fact. Why you didn't answer my question about Netflix? I will answer then. Latest version of Netflix is not working on WP2. You have to use workaround solutions install past version and then use your phone as remote control (with installed external app) beacuse wetek remote control cannot deal with navigation in Netflix. I'm not user of amazon prime and hbo go but people reported problems about them too.

Great that you are happy with that what you got but I have right to not be satisfied. Wetek is not free device and it was sold not as a experimental device so me and other customers expecting to have issues solved. Also we haven't bought this device from China to stop getting updates now.

Buy wetek products as you were buying and be thankful for wetek team. I'm only thankful here for community like Raybuntu and ricardo who made alternatives OS so I didn't have to throw my WP2 into a bin.
    @Anima how long do we have to wait for the new device launch?
    @sthemist

Shouldn't be long, a couple of months probably and we should have it launched. But you know how these things are, they get pushed back because of last minute bug or someone decided to change something in the hardware.

And then you guys will come here demanding my head on a stick :)

• ADMINTMzADMINTMz Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    edited June 11

ohhhhhh
  • ADMINTMzADMINTMz Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    edited June 11
    What do you think of play 2 and 3 different games and which one is more fun?

gclub