WeTek Community Forum

Plex app on openelec

raiztvraiztv Posts: 18WeTek Community Member
Hiya i have the wetek openelec box but i no longer use kodi i use plex for my media files, is there a way to get a plex version for openelec box?

Regards

Ray

Comments

• AnimaAnima Posts: 1,965WeTek Support Team
    Hello

I you are looking to use only Plex, you could use a system called OpenPHT.
    That is basically a system that runs only a Plex machine, you just need to connect it to your Plex server and you should be good to go.

Just prepare an SDcard version of it and plug it into your WeTek and select boot from SDcard.
    Download here: https://github.com/RasPlex/OpenPHT/releases/download/v1.8.0.148-573b6d73/OpenPHT-Embedded-1.8.0.148-573b6d73-WeTek_Play.arm.img.gz

• raiztvraiztv Posts: 18WeTek Community Member
    Thanks for the replay is it just a boot from sd card or can i replace it so i dont need an sd card in all time ?

Thank you
    Yes, it does run from an SDcard. so you will have to have present at all times.

• raiztvraiztv Posts: 18WeTek Community Member
    Hi Anima sorry its been a while i have written the image to an sd card but it doesnt boot, i noticed before hand tho that the power button on the remote stopped working hope this isnt the issue i have tried a few ways now restarting from the box to unplugging and plugging back in
    Does it show the message " press the power button on your remote to boot from the SDcard" ?

If it does show the message, then your Power button most likely is the culprit here.