WeTek Community Forum

LibreElec mSD card?? Do I need to load LibreElec to the mSD card myself??

bodgeupbodgeup Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
I purchased my Wetek hub with the LibreElec mSD card option from the Wetek.com site. But when i power on my Hub it does ask me to press the power button to boot the mSD card which i do but it still ends up booting WeOS?? The remote works fine so what am i doing wrong???

Thanks

Comments

• AnimaAnima Posts: 1,978WeTek Support Team
    Hello,

The sdcard should be pre-loaded with Libreelec and ready to load.
    However, it could happen the installation could be a bad burn, or somehow the card got damaged in the shipment.

A new installation using the Libreelec tool, should be able to make everything working.

• bodgeupbodgeup Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    @Anima I was using my Wetek pro remote, It only seems to dual boot when using the original remote so thats sorted now.

But i did format the SD card before i worked that out but the Libreelec flasher worked, I thought Libreelec would be more than just Kodi?? Am i missing something?? Isnt it a linux rom that i can use more than just Kodi on it???
  • AnimaAnima Posts: 1,978WeTek Support Team
    Usually those linux based systems tend to be focused on one feature.
    Kodi, plex, retro etc.
    There used to be a linux OS, but it is without any update for a long time and was quite BETA stage.