WeTek Community Forum

Managed to get Google Play Store working on the core and connect to my Google Account. Here is how

escozulescozul Posts: 6WeTek Community Member
edited September 11 in Android (Core)
Ok so after many factory resets I actually managed to get the wetek.core to load a google account and connect to the google play store.

So what I did:
  1. I followed this guide (https://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/29801/google-play-store-missing post by NedScott) to get the google play store in my available apps again.
  2. I also enabled "google", "settings" and "google settings"
  3. That last bit is very important since it's the only way to get connected to google.
  4. I then ran Google Settings and added a google account! that thing actually let me add the account
  5. Then I rebooted. It was still not working without the reboot.
  6. Once the core was up and running again, I was logged into my google account. I could access my youtube and play store.
After that I was able to download and install any apps I wanted and they seem to get updated as well.
That's it. Hopefully that this thing will last and not get disabled again.

Comments

• AnimaAnima Posts: 1,965WeTek Support Team
    Thank you @escozul

I hope this helps someone who is facing the same issue.

• escozulescozul Posts: 6WeTek Community Member
    Hello again,

I have an update on the issue. After using the aforementioned solution above for some time, one of the days I opened my core it displayed the screen “optimizing x of 89 apps” ( or something similar. I did not take a note of it when I first saw it”). I waited for it and then (after more than half an hour) I was in my interface. All apps seemed to be there except... google play store. “Big deal” I though, “I’ll only re-enable it like the other time”. However this time it was far more serious. There has to be a silent update that installs after the factory reset tha completely removes google play store. It’s no longer hidden. It’s deleted.

So what I did to overcome this. First you need to go to the wetek hamburger menu in the main interface and select settings. Then select more settings and you should end up in the android settings screen. There you need to go to apps and select google play services. You won’t find the google play store there. We will install it later. So in the settings of the app “google play services” choose to stop the app (disable). It will give you the option to reinstall the factory version of google play services. Do that. Also remember that process cause we will do it once more.

So now open the browser and go to that url: https://www.androidapksfree.com/apk/google-play-store-apk-latest-version-download/
    and download google play store. After downloading it install it. Don’t try to run it just yet though. It won’t work properly as it is the wrong version. Reboot the core and again go to the wetek hamburger menu in the main interface and select settings. Then select more settings and you should end up in the android settings screen. There go to apps and select google play store (it’s the one we just installed that doesn’t work properly). So in the settings of the app “google play store” choose to stop the app (disable). It will give you the option to reinstall the factory version of google play store. Do that.

So now you should have installed the correct version of google play store and you need to reboot.

After reboot is done go again in the wetek hamburger menu in the main interface and select settings. Then select more settings and you should end up in the android settings screen. Go to accounts and select google account. Log into you gmail account from there and you should have google play store, YouTube and all other google services working properly

Hope my workaround helps someone.
  • zeylemakerzeylemaker Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    @escozul, I have got the same problem but I can't solve it. I got stuck at #3, adding the account via Google Settings, I don't see any options to add it. Can you help?
  • richsearichsea Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    Same problem as above, where is google settings?