WeTek Community Forum

New device: Wetek Air

ctrlaltcactrlaltca Posts: 24WeTek Community Member
edited November 9 in Android (WP2)
Looks like the rabbit is out of the hole.
Wetek Air: https://sites.google.com/view/droid-tv/streaming-gaming/wetek-air
Manual: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IQ9wZG21gKJXceoS9YHkBtPPddBF12NO/view
Still S905 (D, this time), 2GB RAM, 16GB storage, Android TV 8.
They even published the product page on their website, just to remove it after a few hours: (google cache) https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:-YySLD-6BhEJ:https://consumers.wetek.com/air/+&cd=1&hl=fr&ct=clnk&gl=be

External photos: https://fccid.io/2AF9RWH220-IOT/External-Photos/External-Photos-3940916
Internal photos: https://fccid.io/2AF9RWH220-IOT/Internal-Photos/Internal-Photos-3940917

So, will you give $ 179.90 to the same guys that never cared about properly supporting the play2?

Comments

• AmmarAmmar Posts: 27WeTek Community Member
    Almost Same Chip, Same RAM, more internal storage which is meanless because storage wasn't the issue in Play2.

The only point is Android TV which is not yet supporting DVB-S2 Tuner!

And for the Price $179, seriously! Nvidia Shield TV is costing $199!

It is kind of stupidity to do the same thing again and again and expecting different results! who is going to spend this $179 to reach the same point we are now!

This time even fake wonderful reviews will not help marketing this expiry device.
  • pokol123456pokol123456 Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    obviously it will have some small difference with the play 2 facing the motherboard, but if you take out this and do not update the play 2 to Android TV is to kill them and also obviously give them bad publicity on the networks to see if they do not sell one

obviamente tendrá alguna pequeña diferencia con el play 2 de cara a la placa base, pero si sacar sacan esto y no actualizan el play 2 a Android TV es para matarlos y también obviamente darles mala publicidad en las redes para ver si no venden uno
  • wetek7wetek7 Posts: 150WeTek Community Member
    We all hope at least that they unleash the code of wetekplay2 o.s. and the comunity can develope fixes for wetv app.

Amazon prime video and netflix is not working yet and it is a shame.
  • shadshad Posts: 98WeTek Community Member
    Well, I too would have expected a bit more hardware wise (Gigabit LAN, 3+ GB RAM, USB 3.0) but other than that it Wetek air would still have advantages over the shield for me:
    - dual boot LibreELEC
    - SPDIF output
    - TV tuners for the whole TV part + PVR

You say "The only point is Android TV which is not yet supporting DVB-S2 Tuner!" but I highly doubt this is correct. How else Ricardo's ATV ROM or all the Sony TVs running ATV would work?
    I hope they "leak" the wetek air o.s. so we can port it to wetek play2( unnofficially) and finally have netflix working.
    I think that we should advertise other users/customers trough social media, such as facebook, twitter etc.. Because all our complaints on this official forum could be erased as soon as wetek want.
  • AnimaAnima Posts: 1,965WeTek Support Team
    edited November 19
    wetek7 said:

I think that we should advertise other users/customers trough social media, such as facebook, twitter etc.. Because all our complaints on this official forum could be erased as soon as wetek want.

You can be sure no such thing will be done. This is a community forum, and no way WeTek company wants your opinion to be silenced, no matter if it is good or bad feedback.

• KoliKoli Posts: 32WeTek Community Member
    @Anima
    Anima said:

wetek7 said:

You can be sure no such thing will be done. This is a community forum, and no way WeTek company wants your opinion to be silenced, no matter if it is good or bad feedback.
    Could you please tell us why then on Wetek official website there is no link to official forum? Actually as far as I remember there was a link on official website that was redirecting to forum. Now is gone. PR on social media and official website works great.
    That happened at the same time this forum became a Community forum, rather than an official forum.
    I don't know the PR strategies and/or intentions, as I am not a part of that team.
    But this happened a long time ago. This is not something that was removed yesterday.

Still, if you think that matters, I encourage you to post the link to this forum, on every social media, so people can find its way to here to be able to get help about the WeTek issues.
    However, searching for wetek on google should be able to get you the link to the forum in the first results.

• guhornsguhorns Posts: 88WeTek Community Member
    @Anima
    Will Wetek Launch New Updates for WP2? For OS or WeTv?
  • ctrlaltcactrlaltca Posts: 24WeTek Community Member

Good things come to those who wait: sounds like a big slap for play2 users
    @ctrlaltca

Agree. These words sounds like a bad joke for WP2 users
  • pokol123456pokol123456 Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    If we think is a bad joke, simple tell him in facebook, tell to the people the "good work" of Wetek. I'm going to do it
    @shad do you think the issue with wetek is hardware?

Regarding Ricardo's ATV ROM, first of all, he did a great job even better than the product owners, but he is using tvheadend as a server for dvb-s2 tuner, and this is under GPL V3 License and wetek will never go in this direction for commercial purposes.

And I am telling you there are no advantages over Shield TV, I have both of them, and in my current setup I am using an old vu+ dual tuner Enigma 2 and android client on my Nvidia Shield TV, better performance and better tuner as well.
    @guhorns This question not for an answer!
    @Anima , with respect, but you are not responding to any valid question regarding new firmware for WP2, everyone who bought his WP2 needs fixes for the software issues reported ages ago! can you respond to this? I doubt!
  • newkindnewkind Posts: 5WeTek Community Member
    edited November 20
    180$ device and only 100mbit ethernet? WTF! You can forget about watching 4K remuxes (the proper remuxes which are around 45-65GB) over LAN... Using 100mbit ethernet in a device with such price tag is a misunderstanding...
    @newkind Xiaomi Mi Box S having Android TV 8.1 and everything is working just fine for less than $80
    Personally, and based on my experience in WP2, I am not gonna pay not even $30
    guhorns said:

@Anima
    Will Wetek Launch New Updates for WP2? For OS or WeTv?

Ammar said:

@guhorns This question not for an answer!

@Anima , with respect, but you are not responding to any valid question regarding new firmware for WP2, everyone who bought his WP2 needs fixes for the software issues reported ages ago! can you respond to this? I doubt!

@Anima are you afraid to answer on this questions too?
    @Anima There are some speculations, that due to Google certification there won't be a dual boot functionality to use LibreELEC anymore. Can you comment on this please?
    shad said:

@Anima There are some speculations, that due to Google certification there won't be a dual boot functionality to use LibreELEC anymore. Can you comment on this please?

This has already been confirmed by Wetek on facebook.
    Thanks for the info, I'm not on Facebook.

When I asked about the new device some months ago, and explicitely about dual boot LibreELEC usage from msd card, the marketing departmend said "Yes and many more exciting features, you will like it"....

Well, I don't see anything exciting so far, especially without dual boot. Looks like waiting was for nothing.
    shad said:

Thanks for the info, I'm not on Facebook.

When I asked about the new device some months ago, and explicitely about dual boot LibreELEC usage from msd card, the marketing departmend said "Yes and many more exciting features, you will like it"....

Well, I don't see anything exciting so far, especially without dual boot. Looks like waiting was for nothing.

Unfortunately, LibreElec will not be possible with AndroidTV devices, as AndroidTV does not allow for Linux OS which is the base for LibreElec.

• anteante Posts: 27WeTek Community Member
    edited December 5
    ''???????"
  • lufiollufiol Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    Hello
    I also have a wetek play2, and when I got it, what made me choose this model / brand was the support / development promised by wetek, together with the fact that it is a Portuguese brand, helped a lot to make this decision, but with the Over time, expectations have faded, and the appearance of this new model, with the same "promises", makes the current owners of Wetek, s suspicious.
    Either wetek picks up support from play2 and gains the confidence of this fringe of market or risks being ignored by these and by the negative disclosure of these brand wetek.
    @lufiol I think you summed up very well a common feeling among users in this forum.
  • JunoxeJunoxe Posts: 132WeTek Community Member
    That's why the best wetek's box is sitll Core.