WeTek Community Forum

Anyone tried the LibreELEC 9.0 update channel on the WT Core?

petersphilopetersphilo Posts: 5WeTek Community Member
Hello,
Has anyone tried the LibreELEC 9.0 update channel on the WT Core?
the newest available version as of this writing in this update channel is 8.90.009
These look like beta version numbers..

Has anyone tried this (ideally on a NAND install)?

Any successes and/or failures?

Thank you!
You do not have permission to view polls.

Comments

• roelroel Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    I tried the 8.90.009 image (alpha), everything I tried worked expect the games, retroplayer crashed and kodi restarted. IR remote worked also, but according the old way, not the new way as described in the wiki. Didn't test from NAND, only sd-card. Will only install to NAND once it is stable.
    BTW there is a new beta version now, didn't test it yet.
  • petersphilopetersphilo Posts: 5WeTek Community Member
    Thank you for your response, it really helps!

Quick note to the webmaster here: the LetsEncrypt certificate is expired....
  • 303_trancer303_trancer Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    Hi,

This is my first post here. I actually installed it yesterday on my core to to see if that gets me to watch netflix. I did only the install of libeelec 9.0 and nothing else yet because I'm still searching what to do to get netflix running on this box...
  • petersphilopetersphilo Posts: 5WeTek Community Member
    @303_trancer: so? is it working?

As for Netflix, i'm no authority on the matter, but i remember reading somewhere that no official Netflix plugin will ever come to Kodi..
    Maybe on Android, i wouldn't know... But it looks like there will never be a Netflix client on Kodi/OpenELEC/LibreELEC
  • rumax1956rumax1956 Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    Hi,
    I'm currently using latest LibreELEC (Leia) 9.0.1 MR and I've installed the Netflix plugin following the guide on the official Kodi forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329767).

It works.

But using this plugin only SW decoding with inputstream is possible and the Core is really too underpowered to view Netflix at a decent quality.

Anything above 360p is simply unwatchable.