WeTek Community Forum

Best OS version?

wetekmanwetekman Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
Hello. I have wetek openelec hardware. I would like to reinstall it because of system failure. What is todays best OS with Krypton? Libreelec, openelec or coreelec? I need PVR (tvheadend) and some video stream addons. Can you recomend some stable and non problematic version? Thanks.

Comments

• x_Killer_xx_Killer_x Posts: 33WeTek Community Member
    @wetekman both Librelec and Openelec are OS based on Kodi, either one or the other, you will be well served.
  • ctrlaltcactrlaltca Posts: 31WeTek Community Member
    CoreELEC only supports the S9xx SOCs, so no joy for the Play 1. I'd go with LibreELEC.
  • Vonnes03Vonnes03 Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    Hi I need help...... while trying to update my wetek play 2 box to LibreELEC i mistakenly erased all data from the box and now dont seem to have any OS! Is there any step by step guide for some one that isn’t that tech savvy to help me reinstall an OS again and get my box up and running again? Thanks in advance ????????
  • ctrlaltcactrlaltca Posts: 31WeTek Community Member
    You are posting in another user's thread, and on the wrong section (wetek play 1).
    You may want to create a new thread with more information (what you see on screen, where the boot stops, etc) or open a ticket with the support.