WeTek Community Forum

WP2 SAT tuner no Signal

raulramosraulramos Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
edited January 12 in Android (WP2)
Hi
A family member have a wp2 with sat tuner and librelec. When i started i had channels then i restart and no signal tuner anymore. I have a spare tuner and the same thing. I will wait until cool dawn and give some feedback.

Until then, did anyone have this problem? and the solution (or not)?

Thanks,

Raul Ramos

Edit: This should be in the Libreelec section! (I believe is a hardware problem).

Comments

• x_Killer_xx_Killer_x Posts: 68WeTek Community Member
    @raulramos if you did a clean install or something else, you might have to scan your channels once more.

Is the spare tuner you are using compatible with play 2? if it isn't, it's not going to work since wetek tuner are not cross-gen, each wetek devices got their own tuner.
  • raulramosraulramos Posts: 4WeTek Community Member

@raulramos if you did a clean install or something else, you might have to scan your channels once more.

Is the spare tuner you are using compatible with play 2? if it isn't, it's not going to work since wetek tuner are not cross-gen, each wetek devices got their own tuner.

Thanks for comment.
    I know if i have to scan in a clean install. I have configured some play 2 before.
    The tuner is compatible and listed. Just have the message no signal and checking transponders in TVHeadend , fails.
    The strange thing is in could boot i have signal and channels first try i tested. I have no time to do more test for now but next time i will make a kind of mini extension with bare wires, less than 1 inch, to check voltages, maybe for some reason the tuner cold not send 19V. Transponders are all Horizontal. The step up circuit is before tuner or in the tuner?
    @raulramos I see, from what you told me, I think the problem is with the device, have you tried to test your family tuner on your play 2? probably it will work but just to make sure.

I would ask if your family is using the correct power supply (5V/1.5A), but i don't think that's the problem since you have above overall knowledge, but never hurts to ask tho.
  • raulramosraulramos Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    edited January 16
    @x_Killer_x, ideas never hurts, no to me at least, and you should put every idea in the table. Helping is not easy and we have to make a little effort to put a good one, so thanks for that.

Power supply is 12V 3A (original is 12V 1.5A) (not 5V, i know what you are thinking), works fine, and i tested with another one. I will test the tuner with other device before some more troubleshooting, maybe the 2 are bad!? one is new supposedly.

Thanks, Cya
    @raulramos yeah, i meant 12V, mistyped, my bad, use your friend's tuner on your wetek play 2 and see if it works.

If both of them work for you and not for your friend's, it is probably the device.