WeTek Community Forum

Wetek Air pre-order

LEMLEM Posts: 20WeTek Community Member
Dear Wetek,
Do you honestly expect me to buy an air when I haven't had a working tv guide on my play 2 for over a year? Your support for the play 2 has been nothing. Why would I buy another product from you after the way you treated the play 2? What do you take us for?

Comments

• DraghmarDraghmar Posts: 33WeTek Community Member
    edited January 25
    Add to that things like lack of 1G LAN port or BT5.0...It's tempting for me TBH (I'd replace Play2) but I think I'm going to wait until I see someone reviews it to check how it actually works. And if there's going to be full Netflix so I could use one device for all my needs.
  • bluesithbluesith Posts: 5WeTek Community Member
    I decided to go for it. My wetek core did a job, not perfectly, but useful I guess on libraelec anyway. Android was hopeless . I hope this is better using android. If it works like I'm hoping, this could be amazing
  • LEMLEM Posts: 20WeTek Community Member
    @Draghmar Agree, but the only reason I need a new box is because the play 2 is so bad. It will take more than a review for me at this stage
    bluesith said:

I decided to go for it. My wetek core did a job, not perfectly, but useful I guess on libraelec anyway. Android was hopeless . I hope this is better using android. If it works like I'm hoping, this could be amazing

Do mind that there's a great change you won't be able to install LE there because of the Android TV certification.
    LEM said:

@Draghmar Agree, but the only reason I need a new box is because the play 2 is so bad. It will take more than a review for me at this stage

I have quite old TV so Play2 with it's tuner is much better than what I had. It works for me good enough...But then again I don't have much to compare it against. ;) The one thing I miss the most is Netflix for which I have to switch to BD player that have certified version. But doing is annoying...

I also wonder why the heck remote doesn't have STOP button. I know that it's quite popular in media boxes world but I couldn't never understand that. So WeTeK Air is a step back in this regard. Especially since in Kodi it will make a few clicks to do what now I can with one.
  • JForte77JForte77 Posts: 12WeTek Community Member
    Anybody knows if air will have Netflix HD? What about DRM, Google winedevine Level 1 and Microsoft playready? Thanks...
  • DandroidDandroid Posts: 630WeTek Community Member
    @JForte77 no Netflix hd, it is not certified.
  • DandroidDandroid Posts: 630WeTek Community Member
    This box is just lazy. Can't believe this is like 2 years work... Nothing has been changed. My kiii Pro is better than this and 2/3 of the price and I've had it a year.

A real shame Netflix has blocked 1080p/4k playback even if a device has widevine lvl 1.

I am also annoyed, wetek paly 2, sold as better supported than a Chinese android box. Well my Chinese one has released more updates, has Android TV.

How can anyone trust wetek again? Rereleasing the wetek play 2 with new name and case... They couldn't even be bothered to use the s912 !

Cheapskates
    Dandroid said:

They couldn't even be bothered to use the s912 !

S912 doesn't have DVB support. S905D is the newest and most powerful that has it at the moment.
  • codingcoding Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    edited January 28
    Just got reply from Wetek that the tuner module from Play 2 is not compatible with the Air. It will not work if you want to remove the tuner module from Play 2 and plug it in the Air.
    coding said:

Just got reply from Wetek that the tuner module from Play 2 is not compatible with the Air. It will not work if you want to remove the tuner module from Play 2 and plug it in the Air.

How convenient. :hushed:
  • stmstm Posts: 5WeTek Community Member
    Frankly: no Gbit LAN = no buy!!!
    Switched from Play 2 to Mecool KI Pro anyway. At half the price of an Air I can live with the lower build quality of the Mecool.
  • jrg777jrg777 Posts: 9WeTek Community Member
    edited January 31
    @draghamar
    The mecool kiii pro s912 as dvb-s2 and dvb-t
    jrg777 said:

@draghamar

The mecool kiii pro s912 as dvb-s2 and dvb-t

Yeah, that's weird then. I always thought that was the major selling point for S905D. Which means Mecool is making some custom things to run DVB-T with S912 - good for them as that makes their box much more appealing.
  • sniffersniffer Posts: 205WeTek Community Member
    why are people so negative about something you have not tested yet??
    i have purge the wetek-air
    i like to test and make some turorials for it
    and I can compare it with nvidia shield tv
    i have still the first wetek running on openspa (enigama2) so o am positive about the new wetek-air
    sniffer said:

why are people so negative about something you have not tested yet??

Experience.

• foxyboyfoxyboy Posts: 15WeTek Community Member
    I agree, wetek support is pretty much non existant. Its more of a developer platform.
    Always other optionshttps://www.formuler.tv/z8
  • chalichali Posts: 7WeTek Community Member
    hahaha ho in there right mind would buy this shitt when you got mi box 3 or even better 3s for 1/2 the price that works really good and it support netflix 4k and hbo nordic and so on, Wetek you fuckt upp like crayzy when you stoppt supporting wetek play2. sorry but i will never buy a wetek produkt again and absolutely not one with this spec and that price.
    To be fair - Xiaomi doesn't have LAN at all and is based on older and not TV Android which has issues in terms of smooth playback.
  • shadshad Posts: 103WeTek Community Member
    2 weeks later WeTek are still trying to get people on Twitter (and probably elsewhere) to pre-order one of those 400 units for the european market. Seem to be in trouble to get them sold.
  • GianniGianni Posts: 15WeTek Community Member
    Just bought WeTek.Air to test it. I have a Mi Box 3 and I'm unhappy with it for various reasons. I hope this product will be better. I'm sorry to read this brand new product does not support all basic DRMs. If they will not update it to permit at least 1080p on Netflix... I'll have to resell it soon. Sorry!
  • juliocunhajuliocunha Posts: 6WeTek Community Member
    hi how does ccam install itself? Do not let Censure manager and ostool install? how do you install picons? how to install hispasat list? I have my sale on Olx and I can only cost the 90 euros.Julio Cunha.913342580@Gianni @Gianni
  • sniffersniffer Posts: 205WeTek Community Member
    i have test this device and all people have right
    if you not can decode crypted tv channel on dvb-c or dvb-t/t2 or dvb-s2 twhy woot you buy a tuner for it maybe you can use it for plex or so or games i have not test that because i have a nvidia shield tv and that works greate netflix and all other app works fast so i have no idea what i can do with is only one to send it back and ask my money back
    @sniffer Hello Sniffer, this is only your opinion. In my opinio, OTA channels are dead. I need the tuner only to watch national clear channels. All national Pay TVs have an App for Android TV and you can watch all their content in streaming. The only missing thing for this device is the Netflix certification but I think they will get it very soon... if they want to sell...
  • limdullimdul Posts: 30WeTek Community Member
    Gianni said:

@sniffer Hello Sniffer, this is only your opinion. In my opinio, OTA channels are dead. I need the tuner only to watch national clear channels. All national Pay TVs have an App for Android TV and you can watch all their content in streaming. The only missing thing for this device is the Netflix certification but I think they will get it very soon... if they want to sell...

Amazon Prime Video would be nice too.
    @limdul For Amazon Prime Video, it seems there is still an underlying war between Amazon and Google. Amazon Prime Video is not available on Play Store for all devices with Andriod TV. There's a version of the app for Android TV too but you need to download manually the apk and install it. You can find instructions on various web sites.
    @Gianni yes but unfortunately the app stops working after a reboot :/
    @limdul When I'll receive the Wetek.Air I'll take a look to it. Here I have only a Mi Box 3.
    @limdul I've installed following this tutorial and it seems to work https://youtu.be/ZDkA2lw-MhE
    @Gianni Yes I think I've found the error, I had a SD card inserted and converted to be used as internal space, that seems to give some errors.
    @limdul However the video streaming is not fluid for me. I'll search for a more updated version of the app