sniffersniffer Posts: 228WeTek Community Member
i found this on youtube i will try it on wetek
i hope it works
https://youtube.com/watch?v=rDQyHFZ-l9Y

Comments

• x_Killer_xx_Killer_x Posts: 68WeTek Community Member
    @why not using WeTV instead?
  • limdullimdul Posts: 36WeTek Community Member
    Well if you have a TVHeadend server already and want to watch the channels from that, TVHeadend server can support more formats than the WeTek built-in tuner can
  • shadshad Posts: 110WeTek Community Member
    I wonder if it would be possible for @ricardopvz to created a custom AndroidTV ROM again with built-in TVHeadend server etc.
    In case he is interested at all, that is. Some time ago he said he was waiting for WeTek Play2s, which never came. So hopefully he will be getting Wetek Air instead and making his ROM for it.
  • sniffersniffer Posts: 228WeTek Community Member
    the programma works only i dont know the inlog and pass for tvheadend
    normaly syou can see you pass on a file called superuse stand mosttime in the map tvheadend in the root from map, but i cant find it :(

if sombody know the login and pass then i can make a good tutorial
    edited March 13
    In the trhead where the TVHeadend Live Channel for Android TV was announced (https://tvheadend.org/boards/5/topics/21407) I don't see anything about a password, but in the linked video at ca. 1:22 both, username and password, seem to be "androidtv".

I'm not very familiar with this topic, but that probably depends on the configuration of the TVHeadend server, doesn't it? The app described above probably requires a running TVHeadend server, right? Or does it have the functionality of both: server and client?
    doint works the login and pass i think the wetek cant make the dirs you must can login with yelnet but that is unpossible so far i know if wetek this not go support then people look to a box where can look decode channels is not my problem
  • GianniGianni Posts: 19WeTek Community Member
    You need a Tvheadend server containing a pci card or usb dongle tuner to get DVB channels.. The username is the one you created on the server on setup to connect to using the android client
    why do i need a wetak air with a tuner in it to run tvheadend on android to look with a usb tuner ?????? i can do that with my nvidia shield yes but this dvice have a dvb-s2 tuner
    Why would you need an USB-Tuner? You sure don't need one. In @ricardopvz custom ROM for Wetek play 2 TVHeadend server and client were integrated and worked fine with the built-in tuner.

Also there is an .apk file for Android TV, that installs TVHeadend server on the Nvidia Shield, if I understand correctly: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1000226/shield-tv/tvheadend-apk-the-easy-way-to-run-tvheadend-on-the-shield-/ Maybe it would work on Wetek Air as well.
    no the wetek is noet nvidia shield https://nvidiashieldzone.com/ look much better supports and zpetty wetek was good 4 a 5 years a go now is it i dont know but not more so good :(
  • ctrlaltcactrlaltca Posts: 45WeTek Community Member
    @shad
    shad said:

Why would you need an USB-Tuner? You sure don't need one. In @ricardopvz custom ROM for Wetek play 2 TVHeadend server and client were integrated and worked fine with the built-in tuner.

On the Wetek Play 2 the kernel has specific bindings for the WeTV application, that made adding TVHeadend impossible. Luckily the Play2 is unlocked, so ricardo was able to compile a new kernel removing WeTV support from the kernel and adding back the normal v4l2 support.
    His Android TV rom is using his modified kernel, that's why TVHeadend is able to work and WeTV can't be used anymore.

As far as i know the Wetek Air can't be unlocked (as per Google certification requests), that's why libreelec or other unofficial roms can't be run on it. For the same reason, only Wetek can add proper support for TVHeaded in the rom.
    By the way, is there a public url for the Wetek Air rom available somewhere? it would be nice to see what's already supported and whatsnot.
    i think not @ctrlaltca so far i can see is see no way to do that hardware is oke but software you have no access to tenet you can dp almost nothing with it :(