WeTek Community Forum

Harmony remote elite

costasarcostasar Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
Does the WeTek air support the harmony remotes? I have the harmony elite and I am not able to make it work. The harmony database does not have the air device, I try to use the play 2 profile but it does not work . I also tried to teach the remote the commands from wetek remote directly but none command is recognized.
Any suggestions?

Comments

• limdullimdul Posts: 37WeTek Community Member
    the Wetek Air remote is mainly Bluetooth so you can't teach the harmony remote using it.
  • costasarcostasar Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    Are you sure? That is because the bluetooth in the settings is deactivated and in order to work you have to use the remote facing the front of the device. When you press any button you ca see the infrared led turn on
    @costasar that sounds strange, I have no options to disable Bluetooth in the settings of the Air?
    I haven't had any luck either with my Inteset INT-422 IR remote, to get it to control the WeTek Air, looking into trying with an external USB IR receiver, I'll let you know if that works.
    @limdul you are correct. I made a mistake
    I finally was able to connect the harmony remote. You have to add the device as “windows computer” and then when you add an activity the Bluetooth pair is possible.
    Then in order to use it with Kodi you have to map some buttons manually because the wetek air remote has limited buttons.
    For example for Kodi the info button is “i”, the menu button is “right click”
  • censoredcensored Posts: 6WeTek Community Member
    edited February 17
    @costasar That's a very good tip as well. I also got my Harmony working well the IR way which I'm posting for reference:

First unpair yr remote in BT settings. This will make the remote fall back to IR mode

Add a Media Center device in Harmony

Add WeTeK Air. It will say device unknown, but just say it is your device.

It will ask you to teach a few commands. After a few buttons are learned, I'm pretty sure it's recognized as a different remote because the other keys work automatically.

Only no play/pause/stop/etc buttons, which the original remote has neither. I'll try out the BT way as well as that may solve that problem
    @censored ah thank you, I didn't know the remote had an IR backup, I was able to lean all the IR commands needed for my remote to function.

If your TV have cec support you can try using the play/commands from the TV remote, cec should forward them to the wetek air
    Avoiding CEC as much as possible ????
    But glad to help out. Be sure to post feedback about the BT way, could work too
    @censored yes avoid cec where possible :)
    I've mapped alle the native buttons on the wetek remote, then added play, pause, stop and record from the TV cec to get a full set of remote buttons. My remote don't have BT so I have to go 100% IR
    Could probably just use a Flirc as well... I've one laying around, might play with that too.