WeTek Community Forum

Stuck on the AIR startup screen

macsmacs Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
As of today my Air doesn't startup and is stuck on the startup screen.

Can't see anything on how to hard reset the thing. Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• limdullimdul Posts: 37WeTek Community Member
    It happens sometimes for me too, what I do is to pull the power from it for a few minutes, then plug it back in. It can then take 5 min to fully boot.
  • x_Killer_xx_Killer_x Posts: 70WeTek Community Member
    @macs this likely normal, i took mine like 3 minutes as well.
  • censoredcensored Posts: 6WeTek Community Member
    I've had it happen a lot as well... Leaving power unplugged for a *long* time mostly fixed it. In the beginning I had to do a factory reset once. Now I'm doing anything possible to not have it shut down (the standby mode has no problems).
  • GianniGianni Posts: 20WeTek Community Member
    It probably stucks when it fails to initialize with the connected hdmi devices (tv, avr). It stucked only one time when I powerd it on with the tv switched off.
    edited February 18
    I've always had it happen with tv turned on.. But good hint, will try to play with tv power as well next time it happens
  • macsmacs Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    This has happened to me a few times now and unplugging for a while hasn't fixed the issue this time. How do you do a factory reset when you can't start the device? Really annoying.
    Keep the power button pressed (like, 15-30sec) while replugging. Takes you to recovery.. It really is annoying.
    edited May 17
    This is still happening. Sitting around a blank TV with a crappy Wetek startup logo instead of family movie night. No Netflix and bad startup issues. Wouldn't touch a Wetek device again. Buy an Nvidia shield at least it starts up.
    No updates since it has been released. No Netflix support. Not even an update or fix for sticking on startup all the time. This product isn't fit for purpose and there is nothing forthcoming from Wetek regard fix's or Netflix support. This product is a scam.