WeTek Community Forum

[ANDROID] WeTek OS - Development builds

AdministratorAdministrator Posts: 355Administrator - WeTek Community Manager, WeTek Community Member
Here, we will from time to time publish development build's of WeTek OS Android for WeTek Play.

How to manually update WeTek Play with development build?

Answer: There are two methods,

Method A: Update from MicroSD by presing upgrade button -> See VIDEO

For this method you need to copy to MicroSD Android firmware file .zip, recovery.img file and factory_update_param.aml file.

Keep in mind that file factory_update_param.aml must contain right name of Android firmware .zip file

If Android firmware file name is DB-J483-wetek-ota-2015-03-11_15-37-22.zip , content of factory_update_param.aml should look like:
--wipe_cache
--wipe_media
--wipe_data
--update_package=/sdcard/DB-J483-wetek-ota-2015-03-11_15-37-22.zip

For easy update process please see VIDEO

Method B: Update by loading firmware .zip file to USB and doing it over WeUpdate application. -> See VIDEO

Copy Android firmware file .zip to MicroSD or USB Memory stick, insert MicroSD in Micro SD card reader, or insert USB Memory stick in one of two USB Ports on BACK SIDE of WeTek Play.

Then see VIDEO :)

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator Posts: 355Administrator - WeTek Community Manager, WeTek Community Member
    Re: [ANDROID] WeTek OS - Development builds

DB-J483-wetek-ota-2015-03-11_15-37-22.zip

Daily build of WeTek Play Jelly Bean Android from 11.03.2015:

- Latest fixes
    - Added support for ftdi_sio and pl2303 drivers

Download:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!qNAWlTBZ!2NX4a586jkUTetOt0pMRxFyFHkbHHDW5PxhLrEsxVJ4

• AdministratorAdministrator Posts: 355Administrator - WeTek Community Manager, WeTek Community Member

DB-J485-wetek-ota-2015-03-12_17-37-08.zip

Daily build of WeTek Play Jelly Bean Android from 12.03.2015:

- Latest fixes
    - Fixed HE-AAC sound issue for DVB.

Download:

https://mega.co.nz/#!kUtjwaYC!9Hd8VwdGE ... 3HImewxEeg
  • willwill Posts: 20WeTek Community Member

Thanks for sharing the development builds. Based on my initial test, it appears WeTek theater does not function with the latest build "DB-J485-wetek-ota-2015-03-12_17-37-08.zip". Is that correct? Will this be fixed in future builds or will WeTek theater no longer be offered?
    will wrote:
    Thanks for sharing the development builds. Based on my initial test, it appears WeTek theater does not function with the latest build "DB-J485-wetek-ota-2015-03-12_17-37-08.zip". Is that correct? Will this be fixed in future builds or will WeTek theater no longer be offered?

Hi will,

For sure it works, just depend what did you tested or done? Can You give us more information about it?
  • EmilNJEmilNJ Posts: 27WeTek Community Member

The last two development builds dated March 11 & 12th that I tried won't let me setup Wetek Theater. Once you open it it gives you the start configuration button. Click on that button and it takes you to the setup screens but you can't enter any of the choices as they are all greyed out. If you hit any of the direction keys a few times it will automatically close Wetek Theater. This is with a ATSC tuner installed which works fine in OpenElec.

Also HDMI-CEC will work for a few buttom presses on my Samsung Smart TV's remote and then stop functioning all together. The Wetek shows up as Player on my TV.

EmilNJ

I had the exact same results as EmilNJ. Wetek Theater opens, but nothing can be selected. It eventually just closes after a few attempted clicks of the remote.
  • amextremamextrem Posts: 4WeTek Community Member

DB-J485-wetek-ota-2015-03-12_17-37-08.zip

Theater
    - work all sd channels DVB-C, but none of the HD channels
    - 0% strength of signal, quality 100%

Openelec
    - work most of sd channels DVB-C, but none of the HD channels
    - 0% strength of signal, quality 100%

Waiting future releases
  • GuRuGuRu Posts: 588WeTek Community Member

First of all thanks for the build. A lot has changed better, starting with the launcher to watch satellite television programs.
    The only thing that I found it smashed straight AAC audio output through the optical output on satellite channels now crackling noise instead of sound.
    Video content with AC3 problem too.
  • samurasamura Posts: 45WeTek Community Member

I found the last version terrible in terms of Live TV deinterlacing. how can I revert to a previous version?

Hi!

I need some assistance. I've upgraded my Weetek with the latest dev build (DB-J485-wetek-ota-2015-03-12_17-37-08). I found it not some good to me, and want to revert back to DB-J469-wetek-ota-2015-02-25_23-54-11. However I keep getting the following error : assert(!less_than_int(1424904998, getprop("ro.build.date.utc"))).

2s01bfq.jpg

Can some help me pls?
  • ChristianTroyChristianTroy Posts: 1,913WeTek Community Member, Developers

Try to flash it using CWM, go to "mounts and storage" and format /system partition, after that flash the zip

I can't install CWM. Gives me this error:

1yvjat.jpg

Nono, replace stock recovery.img from the microsd card with the one from cwm zip and boot it with the tootpick method

Christian,
    CWM installed, all done.Thanks

You're welcome ;)

Any news on why Wetek Theater will not let you configure it inside the development builds and exits after a few clicks? Was hoping for a fix in another development build. Any news on when the next development build or Kitkat?

Thanks,

Emil
  • HarleyHarley Posts: 58WeTek Community Member

Any plan to upgrade WeTek OS (WeTek Play default image) to Android 5.1?

Or are you planning to upgrade to an Android TV based image instead?

Hi Harley,

There is no official support of AMLogic for Android 5.0 Lollipop for AML-8726-MX SoC. We are working on new JB and KK for MX with official support of AMLogic, as KitKat was latest official released Android for MX.
  • AdogaAdoga Posts: 40WeTek Community Member

I don't know what is wrong here, I just cannot install the latest build. Its alway "cannot erase cache", "Cannot erase data". I have tried everything I could. I also used the Upgrade tool and it just doesnt work.

Can anyone help me?
  • AdogaAdoga Posts: 40WeTek Community Member

I finaly got it to work, but it could not find any channel when searching so I gave up and downgraded to the last official release.
  • jcjanjcjan Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    ditto EmilNJ.  I had the exact same results as EmilNJ with the last two development builds - Wetek Theater opens, but nothing can be selected. Will we be seeing a update soon?

• adminadmin Posts: 144Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    jcjan wrote: »
    ditto EmilNJ.  I had the exact same results as EmilNJ with the last two development builds - Wetek Theater opens, but nothing can be selected. Will we be seeing a update soon?

yes, we are going to release v1.1.3 with new WeTek Theater and many bugs fixed.

Probably next week as OTA. But we will also provide new dev. build.
  • mach1mach1 Posts: 737WeTek Community Member
    We are waiting for the new sw , wetek theater has so many bugs (after scanning 2-3 satellites especially it doesnt work at all completely shutdown cant enter that menu at all )..
  • stevenpcstevenpc Posts: 8WeTek Community Member
    mach1 wrote: »
    We are waiting for the new sw , wetek theater has so many bugs (after scanning 2-3 satellites especially it doesnt work at all completely shutdown cant enter that menu at all )..

i also have the same problem
  • ParanoshParanosh Posts: 76WeTek Community Member
    Me too..i can't use for normal use.when i try to scan (diseq 1.3)..once recibe the first radio channels the app doesn't tune any channel more..my config it's Selfsat HH-90 + H30 D1
    admin wrote: »

yes, we are going to release v1.1.3 with new WeTek Theater and many bugs fixed.

Probably next week as OTA. But we will also provide new dev. build.

I'm guessing the release of v1.1.3 is delayed? Can you please give us an update on when it is expected to be released?
  • adminadmin Posts: 144Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    WeTek Android Development build - Update - 17.04.2015

Even if it is development build release, we would like to share some news and improvements that we have done in past period on WeTek OS for WeTek Play, where major work was done on WeTek Theater application.

We wish you nice weeked :)

What is new:
    1. Redesigned WeTek Theater (DVB Player)
    2. Fixed support for DISEqC 1.2 and USALS
    3. Added support for multi-bouquets inside of WeTek Theater
    4. Added support for Picons for DVB-S/C/T/T2 (Picons location in /mnt/shell/emulated/0/picons )
    5. Fixed all known bug's in WeTek Theater
    6. Another fixes inside Android 4.2.2
    7. Easy Channel list access aka Neutrino style with < > buttons on RCU
    8. Audio and subtitle menu when watching Live TV is located on * key on RCU
    9. Added channel list compatibility for DreamSet Editor
    10. Improved WeTek Theater Infobar with information about Video, Audio, Resolution, Aspect Ratio and Subtitles info.
    11. Many improvements non stated in this release log as it is Development build.
    Download WeTek Development Build:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!J1wXVRYZ!GslZmx0wbvTcdKGgt6rE2Xj8EsP1RIQ1JhcXUmLpus0

Download DreamSet 2.4.4 Beta 4:
    www.dreamset-editor.com/files/Dreamset244Beta4.zip

How to install WeTek Development build on WeTek Play?

1. Download WeTek Android - Update - 17.04.2015.zip file

2. Extract archive, and inside you will find 3 files.

3. Copy 3 files to microSD card

4. Turn off WeTek Play and insert microSD in microSD reader

5. Use WeTek Play Pin tool to press UPGRADE button which is located on bottom of device

6. While You keep pressed UPGRADE button insert Power cable in WeTek Play

7. Keep UPGRADE button pressed for 7 seconds and release it

8. Installation of new Development build will start.

In case you have any dificulties please take a look at our Vide:
  • ParanoshParanosh Posts: 76WeTek Community Member
    Thank you very much!!!!!!!!..let's test

Thanks for your hard work guys, now the app it's more stable, it's more faster buts.....
    usals (diseq 1.3) now doesn't work the dish don't move..hope solve this issue soon.
  • mach1mach1 Posts: 737WeTek Community Member
    Good news thanks time to test new sw happy weekend..
    A few questions. Can you use a USB thumb drive for the update. It says to copy the 3 files to a micro SD card. What format does the card have to be? Since I use windows can it be FAT 32?