WeTek Community Forum

[ANDROID] WeTek OS - Development builds

2456

Comments

  • rot30rot30 Posts: 850WeTek Community Member
    Consider flashing CWM before trying to flash from a USB thumb drive.
    Copy Android firmware file .zip to MicroSD or USB Memory stick, insert MicroSD in Micro SD card reader, or insert USB Memory stick in one of two USB Ports on BACK SIDE of WeTek Play.
    FAT32 should work just fine. icon_e_wink.gif
  • mach1mach1 Posts: 737WeTek Community Member
    After scanned blind scan diseqc 4x1 4 satellites at time same time and saved about 2500 channels same problem happens cant enter theater menu it doesnt open at all like 1.1.2 sw standybye or reboot cant fix it only after factory reset can enter theater configuration menu :(
  • adminadmin Posts: 144Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    mach1 wrote: »
    After scanned blind scan diseqc 4x1 4 satellites at time same time and saved about 2500 channels same problem happens cant enter theater menu it doesnt open at all like 1.1.2 sw standybye or reboot cant fix it only after factory reset can enter theater configuration menu :(

    Thanks for info and test. We are looking at it.
  • mach1mach1 Posts: 737WeTek Community Member
    2.bug ı find at the new simple mode ı choose diseq 4x1 a- w3 7east b-astra19e c-hispesat30w 4-16w2 then start at that simple menu choosed astra blind scan ,scan start to find tp's but wetek only found and get tp's signal from diseq a not b c or d scan first diseq a satellite only but ı choose at that menu astra not w3 tested same thing for hispesat or 16w2 same always scan only diseq a satellite others cant scan at simple mode.. ..
  • adminadmin Posts: 144Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    mach1 wrote: »
    After scanned blind scan diseqc 4x1 4 satellites at time same time and saved about 2500 channels same problem happens cant enter theater menu it doesnt open at all like 1.1.2 sw standybye or reboot cant fix it only after factory reset can enter theater configuration menu :(

    Please can you send us your dvb.db channel list database.

    You can get it with FTP from your device. It is located in:

    /data/data/com.amlogic.tvservice/databases/dvb.db

    Thanks
  • mach1mach1 Posts: 737WeTek Community Member
  • mach1mach1 Posts: 737WeTek Community Member
    After factory reset ı scan from advanced menu 2 satelliltes first 16-19 then 30-7 all seems ok saving menu was ok but after exit channels gone no entering to theater menu again..Above is dvb.db file u asked ..
  • GuRuGuRu Posts: 588WeTek Community Member
    Very satisfied with the upgrade, usability +200. While all rebuilt on a new, 36e scanned as ever excellent, list on a laptop edited.
    What's left and do not like the little mouse icon, it is difficult to find on the big TV.
    picons not work for HD channels, SD works.
  • mach1mach1 Posts: 737WeTek Community Member

    And ı think after we do factory reset or upgrade from sd card all the old data not erased because during setup menu at A/V config step change resolution overscan and audio menu seems old data ı saved still there dont need to choose it again not erased how can we do hard reset for erasing all old data..
  • GuRuGuRu Posts: 588WeTek Community Member
    mach1 wrote: »
    And ı think after we do factory reset or upgrade from sd card all the old data not erased because during setup menu at A/V config step change resolution overscan and audio menu seems old data ı saved still there dont need to choose it again not erased how can we do hard reset for erasing all old data..

    I have done according to the instructions above, with the firmware file. That is, write the third file on the SD card, begot the bottom and turn the power on reset. All data has been erased. until sd card.

    Download WeTek Android - Update - 17.04.2015.zip file

    2. Extract archive, and inside you will find 3 files.

    3. Copy 3 files to microSD card

    4. Turn off WeTek Play and insert microSD in microSD reader

    5. Use WeTek Play Pin tool to press UPGRADE button which is located on bottom of device

    6. While You keep pressed UPGRADE button insert Power cable in WeTek Play

    7. Keep UPGRADE button pressed for 7 seconds and release it

    8. Installation of new Development build will start.
  • mach1mach1 Posts: 737WeTek Community Member
    I do same thing mate but during setup menu a/v conf step still old ones there 1080i audio etc my old data it seems old data not erased totally..
  • scooterbukscooterbuk Posts: 51WeTek Community Member
    Thanks for the update, dvb -t HD sound issue is back with this update, see: http://wetekforums.com/vb5/forum/wetek-play/q-a-help-troubleshooting/301-solved-no-audio-on-dvb-t2-channels

    Codec issue
  • adminadmin Posts: 144Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    Thanks for info. Fix will be included in release version of WeTek OS v1.3
  • willwill Posts: 20WeTek Community Member
    I gave the latest development build a test over the weekend. I'm using the ATSC Tuner WeTek.

    Overall, WeTek Theater is still not functional. When I first tried to open the program it would flash on the screen for 1 second and then close. After about 10 tries, I was finally able to open the configuration menu for Wetek Theater. I did a full range scan and it found all of my local channels (this was a known issue from 1.1.2)! At this point I was excited and thought the bugs were finally fixed. However, as soon as I attempted to change the channel, WeTek Theater suddenly closed. I tried several more times with the same results. Everytime I change a channel I'm automatically taken back to the WeTek home screen. I can hear the audio playing in the background, but have to reopen WeTek Theater to get back to the new channel.

    I've tried rebooting several times and even performed another fresh install of the new development build. I also tried a factory reset within WeTek Theater. I had the same disappointing results each time. Let me know if I can provide any more information to help fix this issue. Has anyone else tested the latest build with an ATSC Tuner?
  • EmilNJEmilNJ Posts: 27WeTek Community Member
    Will I have the same results in Wetek Theater but the good news is it will finally scan in all ATSC channels UHF and VHF. If you hit the EPG button and scroll down the list you will be able to change channels. Hitting the up/down or OK button will bounce you back to the home screen. Using the left/right buttons will bring up the list but when you select a channel it will also bounce you back to the home screen. Keep in mind that this is a development build and not a final one. The issues we are seeing should be able to be fixed before the release of 1.1.3. I'm glad we are on the right track to getting ATSC working in Wetek Theater.
  • pauldbpauldb Posts: 15WeTek Community Member
    im having the same problems on sat with wetek theater, bit hit and miss regards menu operation

    but on another note the dreamset beta 4 is working like a charm, load a e2 channel list and update to box,does a online conversion, bit of a problem with the channel numbers,but im sure ill get that fixed
  • ​[USER="11687"]will[/USER] [USER="11874"]EmilNJ[/USER]

    Thank you for the feedback.

    Could you please provide a log so that we can fix this issue you are reporting.

    - install this app
    - Reboot WeTek Play
    - Open Theater app
    - Switch channels (create bug)
    - exit Theater app (if you can)
    - Open the SysLog app (grant it super user rights), press the Take Log button

    Save the log and post it here.
  • adminadmin Posts: 144Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    pauldb wrote: »
    im having the same problems on sat with wetek theater, bit hit and miss regards menu operation

    but on another note the dreamset beta 4 is working like a charm, load a e2 channel list and update to box,does a online conversion, bit of a problem with the channel numbers,but im sure ill get that fixed


    Hi Paul,

    Thank You very much for precious feedback. Sure, we will fix all bug's thanks to reports of You and other guys, so release version will be bug free regarding reported bugs :)
  • willwill Posts: 20WeTek Community Member
    Log attached.
  • adminadmin Posts: 144Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    will wrote: »
    I gave the latest development build a test over the weekend. I'm using the ATSC Tuner WeTek.

    Overall, WeTek Theater is still not functional. When I first tried to open the program it would flash on the screen for 1 second and then close. After about 10 tries, I was finally able to open the configuration menu for Wetek Theater. I did a full range scan and it found all of my local channels (this was a known issue from 1.1.2)! At this point I was excited and thought the bugs were finally fixed. However, as soon as I attempted to change the channel, WeTek Theater suddenly closed. I tried several more times with the same results. Everytime I change a channel I'm automatically taken back to the WeTek home screen. I can hear the audio playing in the background, but have to reopen WeTek Theater to get back to the new channel.

    I've tried rebooting several times and even performed another fresh install of the new development build. I also tried a factory reset within WeTek Theater. I had the same disappointing results each time. Let me know if I can provide any more information to help fix this issue. Has anyone else tested the latest build with an ATSC Tuner?


    Hello will,

    Thanks for report, soon we will post new development build with fix for it.

    Many thanks for log.
  • EmilNJEmilNJ Posts: 27WeTek Community Member
    Here is my Log NEO.
  • verfotverfot Posts: 29WeTek Community Member
    hello to everybody
    i m new here and i m trying to understand why after configuring the dish-receiving channels-watching sat channels and finaly going out turning off the box WHEN I M TRYING TO GO INTO THEATER TO WATCH SAT AGAIN THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE
    After clicking on wetek theater icon the system send me back to the main menu again and again
    thank you
  • verfot wrote: »
    hello to everybody
    i m new here and i m trying to understand why after configuring the dish-receiving channels-watching sat channels and finaly going out turning off the box WHEN I M TRYING TO GO INTO THEATER TO WATCH SAT AGAIN THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE
    After clicking on wetek theater icon the system send me back to the main menu again and again
    thank you

    Seems that WeTek Theater got somehow corrupted

    Settings --> Android Settings --> Backup & reset --> Factory data reset

    the factory reset will fix this issue. Just to make sure, are you using this development build or the stable v1.1.2 that comes with the regular update using the WeUpdate app.
  • verfotverfot Posts: 29WeTek Community Member
    thank you for your answer
    i updated with the 17/4 latest firmware,i have done 2 times fact reset,but after 2-3 times going in -out of theater i have the same problem
    for example one hour ago i fixed the sat,i watced ,i was in the theater,out of theater and everything was ok
    Some minutes ago i installed KODI
    Now it is impossible to go into the theater.after clicking on theater icon ,i m back to main menu again and again
    thank you
  • AdogaAdoga Posts: 40WeTek Community Member
    Sorry but I cannot see any changes in design in this build. It’s still same as old and terrible – same white channel list and animated channel selector. It will not hurt to make the layout files available to the community to help you with the design if it’s too much work.

    I would like to make some request and I believe most users will also be glad to see them fixed in your next build.

    Theater:
    1) The channel list is at the moment white, please make it dark just like the info bar.

    2) The last channel group from which one selects a channel should be remembered. What is the essence of having a Favourite-Group when it keeps jumping back to TV-Group? For example, if Favourite was the last group I selected a channel from, I would expect the group to be shown the next time I call up the list. Alternatively see request 3.

    3) There should be a way to get to favourite group with a key. At present the left and right keys on the RCU are used to open the channel list. It would not hurt to allow left key to open favourite group while the right key to open the All-Channel group.

    4) Animations are terrible on this machine and do not make a good experience. This can be disabled or made configurable in Wetek-Settings.

    Wetek Launcher:
    1) An icon can be placed on the left side of the home screen, with the other icons, to enable us change the home background as we wish. Being able to change the home background is standard in android launchers. The dark colour might be good for some, but for me, it hurt my eyes when in a dark room. Take a look at the attachment below and see how gorgeous it looks in blue design.

    Another option would be to install another launcher, but this one is just too cool so there is no other option for me as long as I’'m using the official firmware.

    I would be glad to see these little fixes in you next build.

    Thanks for your hard work.
  • AlbertoTombaAlbertoTomba Posts: 12WeTek Community Member, Developers
    Adoga wrote: »
    Theater:
    2) The last channel group from which one selects a channel should be remembered. What is the essence of having a Favourite-Group when it keeps jumping back to TV-Group? For example, if Favourite was the last group I selected a channel from, I would expect the group to be shown the next time I call up the list. Alternatively see request 3.

    hmmm this work ok, I know this we fixed , maybe after push this ver on forum but definitely this is ok.
    for other - thanks , good idea :)

    rgs,

  • adminadmin Posts: 144Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    DB-J542-wetek-ota-2015-04-21_13-50-44.zip

    - Fixed ATSC in WeTek Theater
    - Other bugs corrected
    https://mega.co.nz/#!QV8yFJxB!56XPSpiLbjLzH9NUvHQPkcIg3n38vj8CeqOAcLHtIrM
    

    Note: Thanks to user will for testing ATSC fix.
  • EmilNJEmilNJ Posts: 27WeTek Community Member
    Got this installed and much better for ATSC. It scans all channels in and you can now flip through the channels using the up/down arrow keys of the remote. If you hit the left/right arrow keys it will bounce you out to the main screen and if using PCM audio you will still hear the channel. It will also do that if you hit the ok button a few times. If you hit the ok button once then it will bring up the info panel but if you hit it again to bring up the channel list like in previous versions it will bounce you to the main screen.

    HDMI Pass Through will give no audio. You have to use PCM so no Dolby 5.1 or AC3 audio. The EPG works for me but data from other channels will be shown for the wrong channels. On the info panel when switching channels it would show the same 5 or 6 shows on the wrong channel for information. Still a vast improvement from the last development build.
  • ChristianTroyChristianTroy Posts: 1,913WeTek Community Member, Developers
    Hello [USER="11874"]EmilNJ[/USER] thanks for your feedback. Can you record a TS sample of the mux with has wrong epg data please?
  • GuRuGuRu Posts: 588WeTek Community Member
    Steel pressed repeatedly. Not particularly comfortable in the channel list, often goes "up" button, helps only way out of the WeTeK Theater.

    DB-J542-wetek-ota-2015-04-21_13-50-44:
    Picons good


    Problem paychannels. Steel yourself works but not all, without Censure works 70-80% OscamTool I can not connect.
    Unilnstall oscamtool but cannels works.
    Sorry profilactic day in my satellite provider
Sign In or Register to comment.
© Copyright 2014 - Creative Dreams | Powered by Vanilla
All times are UTC