WeTek Community Forum

[ANDROID] WeTek OS - Development builds

12346»

Comments

• willwill Posts: 20WeTek Community Member
    I finally had a chance to test the latest development build on the ATSC model. It appears to be a big step in the wrong direction. WeTek Theater won't open after its first use. The EPG is still not correct. I will go back to the latest official release.
  • GuRuGuRu Posts: 588WeTek Community Member
    WeTek OS Development version - 16.06.2015

When viewing the music channels MTV Hit and other music channels sometimes heard as the sound of flies, there was even earlier. From what is not clear.

______________________________-
    On CM11 and Enigma2 box quickly falls asleep and wakes up when you press the power button on the remote control. We would like also on the main android. It is also open the possibility of auto-TV viewer at startup device.

• LinusLinus Posts: 35WeTek Community Member
    Hello, i have installed this version to test (ok it's on my openElec wetek box but it's like the play...).

So, ok it's 4.4.2, even if i already know that before to test, it's really a big negative point. :/
    I know that the problem should be blob like always (closed driver...), but well, sell a box with android 4.4.2 now days, that's really a negative point. :/

Android 6.0 is out now. :/

In fact, if we do not take care of this point, i found tvtheater too small. It's not really frendly to find the menu (ok it's from my openElec remote, so all is not the same). I think that it lake a Start menu, a big menu with parameters/timer etc. Like in all the PVR decoder.
    In the over default, the timeshifting setting is to low. Why can t we select 4Hour for exemple? 1h is to small for some people. :/

If i put all the point, i think that sell this box, with "android" and such all things, is a bad point.
    At this point, Openelec is a better os to put your work in first line.
    I think that there is too much work on android to bring something "correct" for nowdays.

After that's negative test on android, i could says some good point that save this box, openelec is fluid and work like a charm.
    In fact, you put in first line, the Android OS on your box, but it's the baddest experience on it for the moment.

I would be very happy if i could see an OpenATV or other enigma rom fully stable. It would be great.

I fact, don t take my remark like a negative point, i know the work you have done, and the hardware is great and it's a great base, but the android os is too old an the software is to soft to save this.
    It would be good if you could work on an enigma os to bring a 100% stable rom.

Thank's for the work.
  • harenharen Posts: 97WeTek Community Member
    As far as I'm informed until Amlogic releases a Android 5.x SDK for AML8726 you won't see a lollipop build for this SoC, or at least a official build since there is this:
    http://wetekforums.com/vb5/forum/wetek-play/android/cyanogenmod/91-beta-5-0-2-android-tv-cm12-based-for-wetek-play

In my opinion E2 is fine but I was never really looking for a E2 box when I got the WeTek.Play and adding support for more and more platforms is just counterproductive. Since they officially support OpenELEC and KODI I think it would be best to focus on this part.
  • LinusLinus Posts: 35WeTek Community Member
    The problem, is that OpenElec does not permit a correct Live TV integration. It works ok, but timeshifting is bad, it's not stable and does not really work.
    The only solution that work with XBMC, is with a Mythtv backend + KODI that does not work on a ARM (or is too slow).

So for me, has there is no solution official for the moment to bring Android 5.X or 6.X, the focus should be on E2box.

It's not really possible to sell such box with android 4.4.2 :/
    OpenElec work like a charm, and has it should, so i do not think that a lot of work should be or could be invested on it.
    Wheras OpenATV or other enigma rom are not really stable so not really usable.

EDIT: in fact it's just my opion.

For me if i made a result i could conclude:
    -The android version is too old, the software the tv watchin is too simple and does not cover a lot of really TV usage. So in fact it's not a decent solution now.

-The OpenElec rom is mature, all is ok, but it keep have the Kodi default. It works for live tv, but it's not really integrated, and it's the "second" solution, not the first, i'ts a multimedia solution not really a TV solution

-E2 is totally dedicaded to a TV solution, the TV part is in first, now the rom is not stable, and some things lake.

So as for the moment there is no solution for android, with a stable E2 rom, we could have twice rom for twice usage.
  • sakkusakku Posts: 95WeTek Community Member
    Android version of wetek, no new update?
  • MasterChief117MasterChief117 Posts: 3,707Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    sakku wrote: »
    Android version of wetek, no new update?

For now nothing to be yet announced

Best regards

• 2p4wk2p4wk Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    hi all ^^
    first i am testing wetek play with DVB-S2 tunner and all work juste fine :) i am using official build received an OTA update and installed Censure and all run very great i have converted an vhaniball setting and send it overt FTP and connected to box with E2 tool by FTP all are very easy to use and very good product .

BUT with an big BUT :) actualy android N are out i have an snapshot rom guys work around an update for system we have an big cose android 5.x have fix on DVB lib here why are very important to work around lunching very soon an 5.x update thank you and keep your work updated

regards .
  • armirarmir Posts: 50WeTek Community Member
    Biggest Fails

1. Channelnumber changes not in Folders. 1 . 2 .3. ....

2. Standby mode ( directly TVTheatre after starting )

3. Very Slow Chanell Zapping
  • GekkonGekkon Posts: 36WeTek Community Member
    Linus said:

The problem, is that OpenElec does not permit a correct Live TV integration. It works ok, but timeshifting is bad, it's not stable and does not really work.
    The only solution that work with XBMC, is with a Mythtv backend + KODI that does not work on a ARM (or is too slow).

So for me, has there is no solution official for the moment to bring Android 5.X or 6.X, the focus should be on E2box.

It's not really possible to sell such box with android 4.4.2 :/
    OpenElec work like a charm, and has it should, so i do not think that a lot of work should be or could be invested on it.
    Wheras OpenATV or other enigma rom are not really stable so not really usable.

EDIT: in fact it's just my opion.

For me if i made a result i could conclude:
    -The android version is too old, the software the tv watchin is too simple and does not cover a lot of really TV usage. So in fact it's not a decent solution now.

-The OpenElec rom is mature, all is ok, but it keep have the Kodi default. It works for live tv, but it's not really integrated, and it's the "second" solution, not the first, i'ts a multimedia solution not really a TV solution

-E2 is totally dedicaded to a TV solution, the TV part is in first, now the rom is not stable, and some things lake.

So as for the moment there is no solution for android, with a stable E2 rom, we could have twice rom for twice usage.

analogically !
  • MasterChief117MasterChief117 Posts: 3,707Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    edited April 2016
    Quoting myself :smiley:

Hello everyone, we're testing the issues from 1.1.7

Meanwhile, i'm testing this build: and it seems to be working very well.

I saw some issues regarding "blinks", but changed the HDMI cable and it worked, but our development team is checking this.

This build should solve everything.

Best regards

• 1999gtv1999gtv Posts: 174WeTek Community Member
    Authorisation required to view files
    I'm on my way home.
    I'll fix this shortly

• 1999gtv1999gtv Posts: 174WeTek Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Thank you will give it a try tomorrow afternoon, is this file for update from existing 1.17 or clean install using toothpick
  • GloumoufGloumouf Posts: 7WeTek Community Member
    How can I install this update?
    With WeUpdate and the zip file on an USB key?

• armirarmir Posts: 50WeTek Community Member
    I think clean instal. Update dont work with this file
    Gloumouf said:

How can I install this update?
    With WeUpdate and the zip file on an USB key?

You can use this file with We.Update

I've tested on few WeTek and worked

Best regards

• callagg2callagg2 Posts: 6WeTek Community Member
    Great job MasterChief117,
    Not content with the build you made I of course had to keep playing with the zip and now I can't get it working. Anyway, I will just revert to the original build and start again:-)

But I notice that your build uses a lot of apk files from the Sammy Galaxy 4. Given the space constraints of the box, I believe we should minimise the number of apps. For example we include:
    phone.apk (why - on a box like this?) ,
    contacts apk and calendar.apk, (not sure they would ever be used on a box like this)
    Box.Apk(like dropbox),
    File browser.apk while also including es file explorer.apk (duplication?),
    launcher.apk and wetek launcher.apk(duplication),
    movie player.apk and my player.apk(duplication),
    picassa uploaded.apk (but picassa is gone),
    Live wallpapers (are they needed),
    2 music apps but no Spotify?,
    a News and weather. Apk when we already have a weather widget,
    on a set top box is Sound recorder.apk, picoTTS(talktospeak).apk, and
    TalKback.Apk really needed?
    But we omit Netflix for a box we are using to make out TVs smart?

Also you are using the old google roboto font, it has updated the font in 2014 and it looks much improved when you apply it in the Wetek box.

I'm just trying to help you make the build even better. One obvious thing would be a better way of closing apps in the wetek launcher.
    Thanks for all the work you put in, its looking great.
  • callagg2callagg2 Posts: 6WeTek Community Member
    Okay got it working again.
    I have experienced no issues specific to this latest version of the Rom

Issues that remain to be fixed in a Future Revision (in my opinion -I'm sure others differ...lol)

Section 1: Wetek Launcher
    - Weather widget does not work for Ireland (even though the menu on the left side bar, the weather settings have the location correct)
    - The centre icons of TV, Apps, Local, KODI - they should be more colourful given their prominence and the screen real estate they occupy.
    - In addition, the icon for "Local", it should be possible to get that to open "ES file explorer" or some decent file manager, the default file manager that it opens is poor in my opinion.
    - I think we should be able to customize the apps that appear here in the centre, so we might keep TV, KODI but be able to add Netflix, Spotify and Youtube for example.
    - It would be nice if we can add a background image to the page as the black looks boring because we have no real colour.
    - It's common for people to use external hard drives with their media players, there should be a quick shortcut for unmounting an external hard drive, I currently open Android Settings/Storage/unmount USB storage. While it tells me that it has unmounted the external hard drive, the power light remains visible on my Iomega 2TB hard drive and the fan still running. Unmounting from my pc powers down the external hard drive.

Section 2: Wetek Theatre
    - Channel editing is a bit clunky. To move channels is very cumbersome, could we not introduce drag and drop of channels while in the editing channel window.
    - Adding picons is really awkward, trying to get picons for 28.2E is so difficult, and then FTP'ing them over, while not the hardest thing, still is not something you would trust your parents to do!
    - Recording using the OpenElect/Wetek Play remote control could be improved, it looks like only the REC button works - it's a pity because the remote control works good for the MX Player app
    - There should be a more intuitive timer recording feature - so if i want to record something in 2 days time, it's easy to set up, or record something being televised EVERY Tuesday at 8pm
    - It would be nice to be able to minimise the current program to the bottom right corner while i scroll through the EPG, a bit like watching a video on youtube and searching for a second video.
    - I'm not sure i can pause the playback of a previous recording while i switch into an app like gmail.

Section3: We.Control
    - This only seems to work when my wetek box is on wifi, so even though i have an IP address when the box is connected via Ethernet, the android app will not connect.
    - The keyboard and the UI could be greatly improved (perhaps take another look at the UI on YATSE (though yatse still has no keyboard)