WeTek Community Forum

[VIDEO] How to install tvheadend and scan DVB-S/S2 channels

2»

Comments

• MC117MC117 Posts: 3,707Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    uniquejohn wrote: »
    Thanks for your help, i had installed and enabled the tv headend and disabled the VDR previously but was not connecting. I managed to link up by ethernet before rather than wifi and it worked!

The problem i am having now is when i run I scan and go to the muxes tab I am getting no data back from the scan. Below is the message i get.

12551.5V in astra - scan no data, failed

Any help again is greatly appreciated.

John

Hi

Check if you're typing the correct data from the SAT and if you have the tuner well assigned :)

Best regards

• NE0NE0 Posts: 808WeTek Community Member
    Also try adding a additional mux as described previously http://www.wetekforums.com/vb5/showthread.php?p=24067

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

• uniquejohnuniquejohn Posts: 5WeTek Community Member
    Thanks for the response guys.

So... I added an dditional mux which did return some channels, but all it found was ITV and it's various other channels. So i changed the network to Astra 28.2 E rather than 19.2E and hey presto i found hundreds of channels.

But now i have another question, at the risk of sounding Censure, how do i now watch them via my box? I have mapped the services but have no idea what to do next.

Thanks again for your help guys.
  • zbigzbig20zbigzbig20 Posts: 942WeTek Community Member
    After mapping tvheadend should load your channels
    thanks for the response, i see them in tv headend but dont know how to access them in kodi?

I keep seeing people have a live tv option on the homescreen on Kodi, so i changed my skin to one that has that option, but still no joy.

Thanks again,

John
  • zbigzbig20zbigzbig20 Posts: 942WeTek Community Member
    Just Go to > System> TV> General options> Enable tv there and tvheadend should load your channels
    Apologies for only just responding, only got round to setting this up again today. Turns out i only had the headend installed and not front end, so wasn't picking up the channels, all sorted now.

Big thanks to all who helped with this for me, it is a great community we have here.

John
  • bollobollobollobollo Posts: 10WeTek Community Member
    Hi guys,
    New to the wetek club but after having a few issues and awaiting a new remote which hopefully will work other than switching on and off I love it!

I went through the set up video for the dvb-s2 and watching channels I'm trying to record one channel and watch another. After I setup one adapter and map the channels do I have to repeat the full process for the other adapter?

I hope this makes sense haha?
  • NE0NE0 Posts: 808WeTek Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Hi bollobollo,

welcome to the community.

Your question makes perfect sense, and to answer it:

1. If you have a dual LNB or 2 sat dishes pointing to the same satellite
    No, all you have to do is to select the same network for tuner 2 and enable it.
    So basically just repeat this step: LINK

2. If you have two LNBs pointing to different satellites
    Yes, you will need to create an additional network, assign it to the second tuner and start the scan.
  • bollobollobollobollo Posts: 10WeTek Community Member
    Hi Neo, a bit late from myself but thank you for replying to me. I'll sort that out once I get home. You are a superstar and truly 'The ONE' on here ;)
  • kamorokamoro Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    in pre-definied MUX missing 39.0E HellasSat2
    How can I adding it?
  • kamorokamoro Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    anybody knows?