WeTek Community Forum

[TUTORIAL] LiveTV on Kodi (other devices) through WeTek Play

MC117MC117 Posts: 3,707Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
edited February 2016 in Tutorials
You can find this tutorial in the following Languages
bandeira_1.jpg] bandeira_espanha.jpg bandeira_da_fran_a_grande.jpg Flag_of_Turkey_svg.jpg

Hello,

In this tutorial i'm going to help users to have LiveTV on Kodi through WeTek Play

NOTE: It only allows you to watch the same channel on WeTek on the same network!
tdw197 wrote: »

With dvb-s2 wetek model you can watch 2 different channels, as long as you have connected both satellite inputs to your LNB.
Thanks tdw197

Example (On living room you're watching FOX, on the bedroom you can only watch FOX or a channel with the same frequency)

What do we need:
WeTek Play with OpenELEC :)
IP of WeTek (Go to System -> System Info)

Kodi on other device (PC/Android/IOS .......)

Open Kodi on the device you want and do these easy steps:

screenshot000.png

screenshot002.png

screenshot003.png

screenshot004.png

screenshot005.png

screenshot006.png

In Here, we need to type the IP of Wetek

screenshot008.png

screenshot009.png

It should start automaticly searching for your channels
Note: it could take some time to load evertyhing

If Kodi doesn't start searching, reboot your Kodi :)

screenshot015.png

And it's done!

Comments

• tdw197tdw197 Posts: 356WeTek Community Member

NOTE: It only allows you to watch the same channel on WeTek on the same network!

With dvb-s2 wetek model you can watch 2 different channels, as long as you have connected both satellite inputs to your LNB.
  • MC117MC117 Posts: 3,707Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    I use DVB-C
    Thanks for the info tdw197 :)

Best Regards

• ozkaradagozkaradag Posts: 593WeTek Community Member
    Thanks mate.

This is Turkish Tutorial.

Sincerelly...
    Tomorrow I'll update the main topic with Turkish flag :)

Thanks [USER="11838"]ozkaradag[/USER]

• sniffersniffer Posts: 228WeTek Community Member
    nice turorials only this one is not for the new oe 6 version every time change things in new oe version
  • MytHoLoGMytHoLoG Posts: 15WeTek Community Member
    Thanks for tutorials. But i cannot see pictures?
    [USER="11925"]MytHoLoG[/USER]
    I've checked and they're here :/

Press crtl + f5 on keyboard :)

Best regards

• MytHoLoGMytHoLoG Posts: 15WeTek Community Member
    [USER="11925"]MytHoLoG[/USER]
    I've checked and they're here :/

Press crtl + f5 on keyboard :)

Best regards

Everything is fine now.

Thanks again.
  • mbrombro Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    Has anyone had success doing this?

I have set it up on a Rasp Pi and it loads channels and EPG, however when I select the channel I want it only plays audio, no video...

I am guessing it will be something to do with the settings in the TVHeadend, but no idea where to begin.

All help welcomed pls.
  • tdw197tdw197 Posts: 356WeTek Community Member
    mbro wrote: »

I have set it up on a Rasp Pi and it loads channels and EPG, however when I select the channel I want it only plays audio, no video...

I am guessing it will be something to do with the settings in the TVHeadend, but no idea where to begin.

All help welcomed pls.

You need to purchase an mpeg-2 license for your Pi. Have a look on the raspberry Pi website.

I stream from my wetek to 2 x Pi1, 1 x Pi2, another wetek and a Mac mini. All work very well.
  • mbrombro Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    tdw197 wrote: »

You need to purchase an mpeg-2 license for your Pi. Have a look on the raspberry Pi website.

I stream from my wetek to 2 x Pi1, 1 x Pi2, another wetek and a Mac mini. All work very well.

Thank you! I thought it would be something simple, namely me!
  • steveh2015steveh2015 Posts: 61WeTek Community Member
    mbro wrote: »

All help welcomed pls.

Have you bought the mpeg2 license for your Pi ?
    http://www.raspberrypi.com/mpeg-2-license-key/
  • freddykruegerfreddykrueger Posts: 30WeTek Community Member
    Nice tuto , thanks
    live Tv works better on my pc than wetek play itself , no buffering or freeze on pc but many on wetek play :(
  • AdricoolAdricool Posts: 216WeTek Community Member
    Does it work properly on hispasat channels ?
  • paradisebirdparadisebird Posts: 43WeTek Community Member
    @Adricool yes it works great! And works outside the home network and with enigma2 as well
  • mossywossymossywossy Posts: 9WeTek Community Member
    edited April 2016
    been looking for guide like this everywhere!! thanks mc!
    is it possible to setup remote viewing, port forwarding to wetek box maybe???

been looking for guide like this everywhere!! thanks mc!
    is it possible to setup remote viewing, port forwarding to wetek box maybe???

Yes, but you need to open the ports on the router and have a great up speed, otherwise it won't work.

I only done this one time... and i lost one day on this.

Very difficult :/

Best regards

• zirglyzirgly Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    edited August 2016
    tdw197 said:

MasterChief117;8349 said:

Connect 2 cables on 2 inputs? I didnt't get it. Isn't one input IN and other OUT?
    The configuration is same as above for this?
    I'm planning to try this 2 different channel with my wetek and raspberry pi .
  • NedScottNedScott Posts: 1,123WeTek Community Member
    edited August 2016
    zirgly said:

Connect 2 cables on 2 inputs? I didnt't get it. Isn't one input IN and other OUT?
    The configuration is same as above for this?
    I'm planning to try this 2 different channel with my wetek and raspberry pi .

I'm a little rusty on satellite tech, but from what I understand is that DVB-S2 does contain two tuners, and the common use case is where you have a dish that is receiving data from two satellites (though this could possibly be configured as two tuners for one satellite). Both LNB connections are inputs.

When the PVR/DVR software sees two different tuners it is able to deliver (over the network, etc) two different channels at the same time. If you are connecting one satellite to two tuners, this means two clients have a full range of channels to choose from. If you are connecting to a dish that receives signals from two satalites, then each tuner is limited to a set of channels (1-20, then 21-40, or something like that as an example).

However, I might be totally wrong here. It was a long time ago that someone explained this to me, and I know that DVB-S/DVB-S2 stuff is very different than the North American satellite technology that I see.

former WeTek Support team member, now just a friendly volunteer.