WeTek Community Forum

My Wetek Play 2 is dead

mikel0654mikel0654 Posts: 98WeTek Community Member
As I have been saying since May of last year, my wetek play 2 had problems with internet speed. As it was enough to see movies I left it and did not return it, as you can see in the spanish thread "Wi-Fi de mala calidad o rom mal pulida"
The problem is that guarantee was over 4 months ago and despite I having warned that it was wrong now I must eat it with potatoes.
The problem he has is overheating. As it gets warmer, it reduce the connection speed, even lose it.
So it's no longer good for the kodi.
€ 140 in the trash.
Sorry my bad english.

Comments

• ctrlaltcactrlaltca Posts: 50WeTek Community Member
    You can always get a new wetek air and experience a new whole of different problems and missing support!

Honestly, I'm sorry for your loss. I know some have tried in the past to add active cooling (a fan) to the play, eg: and
    If you feel brave enough, you can try to throw an old pc case fan on top of it and see if it helps. Or maybe checking if the heat sink is properly working and maybe adding some fresh new thermal grease could suffice..
  • mikel0654mikel0654 Posts: 98WeTek Community Member
    Thanks for the advice.
    I will try with a fan, but the problem is only during the download, that the speed goes down. Once the file is downloaded, works well.